Hours per week
Minimum 15 hrs per week; minimum 6 month committment
The Alliance for Middle East Peace (ALLMEP) seeks a dynamic Development Associate Fellow to support its communications, major gifts and foundation giving programs. This position provides an opportunity to contribute to Israeli-Palestinian peacebuilding by working directly with the Director of Development to advance communications and funding goals. The Development Associate will gain professional research, prospecting and writing skills, as well as experience with cutting edge research tools used in the nonprofit field. The internship will also provide general experience with fundraising in the non-profit sector as related to donor outreach, stewardship and solicitation.
The mission of the Alliance for Middle East Peace is to secure and scale funding to expand trust-building interactions between Palestinians and Israelis. We provide capacity-building support and visibility to amplify the voices and impact of our 100+ member organizations operating in the region. ALLMEP connects individuals and groups to create a critical mass that live and act in support of peace. ALLMEP envisions a Middle East in which Israelis and Palestinians have built the trust necessary to live in peace and security, prospering in societies that protect their human and civil rights.
- Research potential donors, including individuals and institutions and update the organization's CRM
- Produce donor reports in the organization's CRM
- Write donor briefings and summaries for directors
- Develop donor communications utilizing the organization's email marketing system
- Develop a storytelling database and write vignettes for social media and donor campaigns
- Support campaign efforts including online and hard copy campaigns
- Provide editing and writing support as needed
- Update correspondence in relevant databases
- Provide general administrative and database support to the development team as needed
- A minimum of 15 hours per week is required. 6 month commitment preferred
- A general understanding and commitment to our mission and vision
- Detail orientation, focused personality, responsible and reliable
- Professional communication
- Comfortable working in a virtual team environment
- Computer savvy with knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and cloud based systems
- Genuine desire to learn and grow nonprofit communications, fundraising and operational skills
Note: While the intern can work remotely, preference is to candidates residing in the greater Boston area. Local and regional travel is required.