Transportation Reimbursements to qualified commuters
Hours per week
15-20 hours per week
Presidio Bldg # 1009 2nd flr.
1009 General Kennedy Avenue
Pachamama Alliance is seeking a Social Media Marketing Intern at Pachamama Alliance. You will work with our Social Media Coordinator and the rest of the Marketing team to support our social media channels. You will learn to write engaging content, expanding the reach of our messages, and enrolling people online into the world of Pachamama Alliance. This internship will be a valuable opportunity to learn the ins & outs of online Marketing, with a focus on Social Media and Content Marketing. You will be working at a unique, mission-driven non-profit that is partnered with indigenous people of the Amazon to protect the rainforest, while also working toward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, spiritually fulfilling future for all.
Key Responsibilities: You will learn
- About Social Media Marketing, and how it fits into an overall Inbound Online Marketing Strategy
- How to curate articles, images and videos and create posts to engage audiences on our social media channels
- How to use the Hubspot Marketing Platform to schedule posts to Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and more
- How to build Paid Advertising campaigns on Facebook
- How to keep social audiences updated on our work to protect the Amazon, and to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable human presence on Earth
- How we generate Leads who can become Contacts for invitations to join our programs and become donors
- Thorough grounding in the work of the Alliance, our history, culture and community.
Details: All candidates will be considered. Please bring these skills, qualities and experiences:
- Proficient user of the top global social media platforms
- Desire to learn about marketing and communications at a non-profit
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Strong grammar and spelling
- Ability to proofread and edit your own writing thoroughly
- Ability/willingness to write in a tone and voice other than your own
- Interns are expected to commit to 15 to 20 hours per week for at least 4 months.
- This is an unpaid internship. (A PresidiGo shuttle pass from downtown will be issued if needed. Transportation stipends are available for qualified commuters.)
- This position requires training and work in our office in the Presidio of San Francisco, CA.
- Immediate start date available
What’s In It for You:
- During your internship you will have access to trainings, events, and talks from thought leaders, our indigenous partners, and partnered organizations when they visit our office.
- Learning more about indigenous peoples of the Amazon, the Amazon rainforest, the sustainability movement, social justice and personal transformation.
- Gaining experience working in a unique, mission-driven, dynamic office setting with some of the coolest people on Earth.
- Connecting with people from all over the world who are passionate about sustainability, social justice, and spirituality through our social media platforms and our blog.
- Developing a portfolio of work that you can share with future prospective employers.
Our Social Media Marketing Internship will steep you in the world of online marketing in a non-profit context, and you will leave with many valuable skills for your resume including:
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Blog Writing
- basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- basic HTML
- professional experience with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linked In and Instagram
- experience with content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress
- basic experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics & Twitter Analytics
- experience with Facebook Ads and possibly Google Ads
How To Apply
If you are interested in fulfilling this position, please first visit and thoroughly explore our website: www.pachamama.org. Our Internship Program Manager, Lindsay Dyson, is available to answer your questions at 415-561-4522 ext. 101, prior to submitting the application online. For this writing position we require an Internship Application form and writing samples to be submitted along with your resume and a cover letter. Please download the Internship Application form or email Lindsay Dyson mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to request this form. In your cover letter we would like to know what draws you to Pachamama Alliance; what you would like us to know about you; how you might create value from an internship here. For the Social Media Marketing Internship, you are required to submit two to three writing samples. Ideally they will be samples of something you imagine we would post on our blog or on Social Media. These can be excerpts of longer pieces. Sorry but we will not consider applications for this position without writing samples. Start date will be at your earliest availability, so please let us know details of dates, days, times. Send your completed application, writing samples, and supporting documents via email to mailto:email@example.com. You will be contacted to arrange for an interview after we have received your application and supporting documents. Out of area applicants may be interviewed with a skype call.