Graphic Design Position in a Beautiful Beach Town in Brazil (Free Virtual position available)
- Internship posted by ETIV do Brasil
Hours per week
20 hours a week for in country interns/5 hours a week for virtual volunteers
Rua Massaranduba, No. 26
Bairro Passagem, CEP 45530-000
ETIV do Brasil is offering a Graphic Design internship or volunteer opportunity in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacaré in Bahia, Brazil. The graphic designer will work closely with our Marketing and Recruitment team to formulate and accomplish the team goals.
The Graphic Design volunteer or Intern will receive ongoing training, supervision and guidance from the Marketing and Recruitment team as well as the director and/or other ETIV staff members. Meanwhile, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about NGO administration, Marketing & Communications and Recruitment. Volunteers or Interns can fulfill this position virtually from home, completely free of charge. Besides the tasks listed above, virtual volunteers are also expected to help promote the NGO at home and in local schools, universities and communities by distributing flyers, newsletters, articles and blogs about the NGO, while also trying to get our internship opportunities listed in more University databases.
- To develop creative visual content which may include e-flyers, brochures, print out materials, video clips for social media
- To design our online annual report and an ETIV newsletter as well as other visual content that may be beneficial for the NGO
- To create a Visual Identity Manual for the organization in order to help future graphic designers that come to volunteer or intern with ETIV.
- To help ETIV develop effective visual content that will improve our exposure, branding and communication of the NGO both locally and internationally, while helping us significantly improve the recruitment of new volunteers and interns.
- To manage your own schedule while supporting, supervising and coordinating any other volunteers that may also be supporting our Graphic Design work
- Minimum 3 months time commitment
- Excellent artistic abilities, communication skills and computer skills
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively both independently and with a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience and support in video production is also highly desirable
ETIV do Brasil is located in the beautiful fishing and surfing town of Itacare, Bahia. Our mission is to connect international volunteers with local communities to support environmental conservation and development in Brazil.
Low income volunteers and interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 5 months time commitment (preferably 6) to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have their volunteer contribution waved. This allows low income students to receive all the benefits of interning with our NGO (including life insurance, a tour of Itacare, an induction to the NGO, training in your project, ongoing supervision and support and 24 hour emergency support) completely free of charge. However, all volunteers and interns are responsible for covering their own food, travel and accommodation expenses and everyone must pay the $67 admin fee that covers all legal documentation. ETIV do Brasil does provide a volunteer house where volunteers and interns can live at a very affordable price.
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with our NGO and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We can offer ongoing support and supervision and can help organize taxi pickups, local accommodations and even Capoeira or Portuguese classes. All volunteers and interns will also receive our Pre-Departure Powerpoint, and Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacare and life insurance during their internship at the NGO. Volunteers or interns can also earn credit as a remote/virtual Graphic designer with us completely free of charge and will still receive supervision, support and an excellent reference for quality work.
These positions are perfect for someone seeking meaningful internship experience in a stunning location with a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture. Itacare is unique place where the Rainforest meets the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beaches, jungle, coconut trees, waterfalls and wildlife abound.