YALDA Graphic Design Internship
- Internship posted by Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA)
Hours per week
Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to work directly with the African Development Bank, UNHabitat, the African Union, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA (Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa) is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded : " By Africans, ForAfrica!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization that was established in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa for developing positive leadership skills and to espouse an honest work ethic. YALDA US works on researching opportunities in Africa, fundraising activities, working with branches, maintaining relationship with UN and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c),(3).
YALDA US has a vacancy for the position of YALDA Graphic Design Intern reporting directly to the YALDA US President.
Academic credit may be available for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The YALDA Graphic Design Intern is responsible for developing concepts, graphics, and layouts for the YALDA Magazine and any other design work as needed.
The position requires a person who is artistic, creative, detailed oriented, confident and exercises initiative while maintaining a professional demeanor. To be successful the ideal candidate will work with minimal supervision, propose solutions to problems, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Normal working hours will be stipulated by the activities as determined by the schedule of work throughout the 6 months. We expect working hours to be no less than 5 hours and no more than 20 hours a week.
- Prepare graphics for the YALDA Magazine media kit and ensure it is world class
- Develop, prepare and design the graphics and layout of the first issue of the YALDA Magazine for print and digital
- Assist with the design the graphics and layout of the YALDA quarterly newsletter
- Assist with development of posters and flyers for YALDA monthly webinars as and when help is needed
- Support YALDA in other graphic design needs as needed
- Must know magazine layout!!!!!!
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and accuracy of work
- Communicate in a professional manner
Please send your Resume, Coverletter and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 May 2018. Please quote "YALDA US Graphics Design Intern" in the subject line.