Competitive Local Salary
Hours per week
40 hours per week
The Olancho Aid Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization creating a sustainable future for Honduran families through faith-based education and service. From clean water projects that improve community health to schools that serve children including those with special needs, our team of international volunteers and Hondurans are dedicated to providing hope as we work to transform the future and life of the Olancho community.
We seek volunteers who share our passion and wish to be a part of this mission. If you have a desire to serve, have a love for children, and are motivated by Christian values, we invite you to learn more about volunteering with the Olancho Aid Foundation.
Placements: Volunteers serve in roles within the Foundation as needed, often in education, administration, and child care. Specific assignments will be discussed through the interview process and during orientation once on the ground in Honduras. Example roles may include librarian, summer camp counselor, etc.
Dates of Service: Our volunteers commit to serve four months, though we actively encourage volunteers who are a good fit to extend their term of service. Our upcoming dates are as follows:
- August - December 2018
- January - June 2019
We recommend that applications be submitted at least two to three months before the term of service start date, though we do continue to accept applications on a rolling basis if space permits.
- Two years of post-high school work, education, or other experience
- Experience working with children
- Experience traveling or living in Latin America and/or developing countries
- Basic knowledge of Spanish language
- Ability to live in basic living conditions
- Willingness to participate in community activities
- Willingness to live in accordance with Christian values and to attend religious retreats and Catholic mass
Compensation and Benefits
- Monthly stipend to cover food and utilities
- International travel medical insurance
- Local cell phone and charger
- Wireless internet