$10.50 / hour
Hours per week
8 - 12 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
Animal Equality seeks a Philanthropy Department Intern to provide crucial assistance with fundraising related initiatives including prospect research, processing development revenue and department expenses, assisting in grant writing and reporting, and completing special projects as needed. While in the position, the Philanthropy Department Intern will have the opportunity to observe and learn about non-profit fundraising including major gifts, foundation grant writing, common fundraising software, funding strategy, nonprofit budgets, and more. This position works collaboratively and strategically with the Development Department and is ideal for a results-driven, detail-oriented, well-organized, and highly energetic individual eager to learn and help end cruelty to farm animals.
- Assist in the composition of written materials related to fund development
- Assist in the preparation of customized organizational achievement reports
- Assist in the planning and execution of donor cultivation and recognition events
- Conduct prospect research on potential funders
- Identify, research and solicit ethically-aligned businesses for sponsorships
- Solicit In-Kind Donations (gift certificates, food, etc) for Animal Equality events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Interest in learning about nonprofit fundraising.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication including presentation skills.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- A high degree of computer literacy.
- Ability to maintain donor files and routinely handle confidential donor information.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a team-oriented work environment.
- Professional appearance and adherence to a vegan lifestyle.
- Commitment to the objectives of Animal Equality.
How To Apply
Applicants should email a cover letter stating why you want to intern for Animal Equality to email@example.com.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.