Hours per week
15-40 hours a week for 3-12 months.
110 Maryland Ave. NE, #311
Intern in the Heart of Washington, D.C.!
Churches for Middle East Peace (CMEP) seeks inquisitive, independent, and enthusiastic interns interested in working for peace regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through supporting and equipping grassroots advocacy and education. Interns are essential to our work and receive mentoring and valuable experience through their internship.
Most of our interns work from our Washington, DC office, but some internships are also available in Atlanta, Seattle, New York, and remotely. Interns must be willing to support CMEP’s current policy positions.
CMEP is in Washington, DC, and is accessible by public transportation. No parking is available. Interns work a flexible 15+ hours per week, mostly between 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
While building non-profit expertise an intern with CMEP will be part of our work to encourage US government policies that actively promote a just, lasting, and comprehensive resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. Responsibilities may include:
- Provide research and support for legislative activities and publications or provide support for grassroots activities and publications
- As a team member, develop and implement campaign tactics to engage new grassroots advocates
- Post on CMEP’s social media pages to increase engagement with supporters, and cross-post content among CMEP platforms
- Develop resources for online distribution; promote and distribute resources
- Develop resources for church use
- Contact existing and potential church partners
- Contribute to and support advocacy conferences and regional event planning.
- Contribute to office activities which includes: mailing, copying, faxing, data entry, filing
- Attend Congressional briefings and other events related to Middle East issues and policy
- Contribute to and support advocacy conference planning (seasonal)
- Provide legislative support for grassroots activities
- Update media, congressional, and governmental contact lists
- Attend meetings and speaking events
- Assist in donor outreach, database management, donation processing and acknowledgement
- Support CMEP’s policy analysis and publications through research and analysis of specific issues related the Israel-Palestinian conflict
Qualified Applicants are:
- Resourceful, hardworking, and organized college or graduate students with excellent communication and good writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Competent with online research, blogs, social networks, and other applications and platforms.
- Familiar with or willing to learn basic WordPress.
- Proficient with or willing to learn Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Calendar)
- Deadline-oriented, able to work as part of a team, and committed to Churches for Middle East Peace’s goals.
- Willing to work within CMEP’s policy positions.
- Knowledgeable regarding, or at least interested with a willingness to learn about, the Middle East, especially Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories. (Some internship positions require prior knowledge of Middle East history, culture, and/or politics.)
- Willing to learn.
- Able to work 15-40 a week for two-twelve months (minimum commitment of 220 hours during the course of the internship.)
- Interested in nonprofit work, political advocacy, Christian advocacy, peace building, and/or issues related to the Middle East