Hours per week
Candidates must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week for an approximately three-month period.
The Dui Hua Foundation is seeking a Communications and Development Intern to assist both our Program and Development teams on various projects. You will play an important role in supporting the launch of Dui Hua’s new website and preparing for the foundation’s upcoming anniversary campaign. You can expect to gain exposure to our advocacy and research work and learn about the current human rights challenges in China. This is a great opportunity to gain essential experience in non-profit development and outreach and learn about human rights work in China.
The position is located at Dui Hua’s San Francisco Office.
You will partner with Dui Hua team members to help produce high-quality written content, digital graphics creation, data visualization, website design, and curate the foundation’s media to support outreach efforts for programs and development. You will also be closely involved in strategizing improvements for the organization’s branding presence both online and through printed materials. You will learn how to carry out digital marketing projects and produce communication and outreach materials for non-profit organizations.
The intern may also be asked to support event activities and help develop the organization's constituent network.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· College junior/senior student or recent graduate with interest in development, outreach, and/or communications
· Previous fundraising, marketing, video production, and/or communication experience preferred
· Interest in China, human rights, US-China relations
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
· Proficiency in web design and online content creation
· Proficiency in Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
· Proficiency in WordPress or other online content management systems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Candidates must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week for an approximately three-month period. Proposed start date is June 18, 2018 (exact start date can be flexible). A stipend will be provided.
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a letter stating why you are interested in working at Dui Hua, your experience, and your availability.