Development Associate/ Special Events Intern
- Internship posted by Susan G. Komen Greater New York City
Hours per week
25-30 Hours Per Week
246 West 38th Street
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assist with the planning and execution of the Susan G. Komen Greater NYC Race for the Cure® and work as part of a team that supports Race related events. Recruit and coordinate support for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October).
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships
- Assist with all event logistics and work closely with Director of Development and Development Coordinator
- Provides assistance and support to Race Team Captains and participants, including but not limited to providing information, answering questions, solving problems, helping with team website questions, donation processing questions, etc.
- Conduct outreach to potential new volunteers, team captains, and former team captains
- Coordinate Race collateral fulfillment for sponsors and team captains
- Assist with grassroots marketing efforts
- Recruit and secure campaigns for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- College student or recent graduate (must commit to working a maximum of 25-30 hours per week through Friday, September 14, 2018)
- Previous event planning and fundraising experience a plus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills in dealing with internal and external constituents
- Must enjoy working as a member of a team with a can-do attitude of "pitch-in," and "no-job-is-too-small" on multiple projects and handle pressure with grace
- Outstanding Microsoft Office Suite skills required. Strong Internet skills also required
- Raiser's Edge and Blackbaud experience a plus
Standard office setting. Some heavy lifting (30lbs) required. Evening and weekend work required around the Race for the Cure.
- Paid, 25-30 Hours Per Week
- 4 day work week until July 6th (Friday's Off)
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Miele, Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships. Attachments should be in Microsoft Word or PDF. Please include your last name and the position in the subject line. No phone calls, please.