Pathway Impact (PI) is redefining international travel in a new and exciting way. Be a part of an exciting learning adventure by taking an extra-ordinary, non-traditional path for intern and volunteer experience to Uganda, the pearl of Africa. Our programs ensures that program participants add value and contribute towards the well being of under privileged Ugandans through support in education and health projects, culture exchange, business development and community service-learning. Our programs are designed with a community driven approach to promote sustainability and continuity long after the volunteers are gone.
Today climate change is turning into a real global threat with growing pressure on governments, multinational stakeholders and individuals to safeguard and protect our climate. Animals are equally under threat with a growing loss of habitat, food shortage, compromised ecosystems and poaching. Consequently, the environment is contaminated, ecosystems are compromised and species are gradually dwindling.
Conservation programs in Uganda play an important role in reversing these detrimental actions against our environment. Our programs are geared towards providing conservation education in order to inspire others into conservation action and a caring attitude towards their natural surroundings. If you are passionate about wildlife and the environment, this program is for you. You will engage in a variety of related topics such as animal rehabilitation, tree planting, environmental pollution, animal monitoring, community awareness sessions, etc.
Your main activities may include a combination of the following activities
· Participate in conservation initiatives such as identifying and removing invasive species in select areas
· Carry out animal-monitoring tasks and habitat mapping in order to track animal movements, patterns and numbers
· Participate in community and school events that include talks, exhibitions, and educational trips to promote conservation education.
· Carry out essential research and data analysis using data collected from the field
· Create community awareness programs that highlight the consequences of deforestation, poaching, human-wildlife conflicts and impact on tourism and climate change
· Visit rescued animals in distress and participate in animal relocation, rehabilitation, and care
· Carry out environmental activities that promote a green environment. For instance promote tree planting, proper refuse and garbage disposal, sensitize communities about recycling and non-biodegradable wastes
Why choose this program
· Understand Uganda’s protection measures and efforts geared towards animal rehabilitation in the wild and in protected conservation areas
· Learn alongside subject-experts and wildlife professionals on real-life conservation projects
· Get the opportunity to work closely with different animals providing care, rehabilitation and feeding
· Choose this program to impact communities and their environment for the short-term and long-term
· Use your conservation experience to earn college credit while supporting global conservation efforts
· Improve your CV by adding skills in teaching, conservation education, and community development
Pathway Impact (PI) is redefining international travel in a new and exciting way. Be a part of an exciting learning adventure by taking an extra-ordinary, non-traditional path for intern and volunteer experience to Uganda, the pearl of…
Program participants benefit through tremendous personal growth and development, acquire improved communication and social skills, gain inter-cultural competencies, realize personal satisfaction in helping others, create new bonds, boost their resumes and gain a new world view. In most cases, our program participants experience deep personal reflection that results into greater self-discovery! Often times, people say they learned more about themselves in these moments than any other time in their lives.
Program participants benefit through tremendous personal growth and development, acquire improved communication and social skills, gain inter-cultural competencies…
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. Program participants must apply within a minimum of 45 days prior to the program start date. There is some flexibility around the program dates and schedule. Program fees include secure accommodation, meals and in-country transport but does not include flights (contact us for details).
Through our curated internships, individuals are able to gain a competitive advantage upon their return, enhance their resumes, acquire global competencies and take on a new identity that employers will find impressive and bold.
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. Program participants must apply within a minimum of 45 days prior to the program start date. There is some…