Hours per week
12-16 hours/week with 40 hours per week during CommonBound
Position: IT Intern
Type: Part-time position (12-16 hours/week) with 40 hours per week during CommonBound
Start Date: 5/25/18 or sooner through 6/29/2018
The New Economy Coalition (NEC) is offering an internship position working with our IT Manager to support with technical assistance and website management for our biennial conference. We're looking for someone who is passionate about new economy and/or social justice work who would be excited to be a part of making the CommonBound conference possible!
This part-time position starts in mid-May and ends in late June. This is primarily a remote position, with the exception of June 19-24, 2018. Applicants must be available June 19-24 to attend and support full-time with our CommonBound 2018 conference in St. Louis, MO. Travel and board will be provided.
WHO IS NEC?
The New Economy Coalition (NEC) is a coalition of 200+ organizations working to transform our economic system by advancing solutions that are participatory, just, and sustainable. Based in Boston, MA but made up of organizations from across the United States, NEC aims to spread a new story about whom the economy serves, to facilitate the development of economic alternatives, and to engage coalition members in creating the conditions for transformational change. Organizations in NEC include: the Working World, 350.org, Demos, Business Alliance For Local Living Economies (BALLE), US Federation Of Worker Cooperatives, Post Carbon Institute, the Institute for Policy Studies, and many more. For the full list, visit: http://neweconomy.net/new-economy-coalition.
NEC aspires to be an inclusive and liberatory organization. We value having a diversity of life experiences and perspectives on our team. We strongly encourage applicants who identify as persons of color, women, and/or gender nonconforming to apply. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Website management (adding content, troubleshooting bugs)
- Other administrative tasks as reasonably requested by IT Manager
- Technical support for the conference (responding to A/V needs and assisting with set up)
- General administrative support for different platforms (Sched, Google Suite, Slack, phone systems)
- Technical support for livestream.
Successful applicants must have:
- Knowledge of html/CSS and experience with Drupal strongly preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills and an ability to work independently.
- Proficiency using Eventbrite and Google Drive/Docs.
- Knowledge of livestreaming technology.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities, including switching among tasks as needed.
Interns should display several of the following qualities:
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Seen the movie Hackers like 12 times at least.
To apply, please attach a resume and short description of your experience with IT support and website/software management. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply
Please attach a resume and short description of your experience with IT support and website/software management. Send to: email@example.com