8403 Colesville Road
Achieving the Dream, Inc. (ATD), a growing education-based national nonprofit organization, seeks a motivated Marketing and Communications Intern to support ATD’s Office of Marketing and Communications. The Intern will be responsible for performing various communications projects including generating content for all of ATD’s communications channels, research, list management, photography selection, and other duties as requested on behalf of the Marketing and Communications team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate content for use in all ATD communication channels, including website, social media, and email by conducting research and interviewing/meeting with ATD staff.
- Research and compile best practices in social media.
- Provide scan of ATD website to help team’s work in documenting pages that need to be updated, changed, deleted.
- Assist in developing process to update contact lists used for mailings, including email blasts.
- Research trends in digital marketing, including design, delivery, and content.
- Attend and document relevant meetings with internal staff and external designers, website developers, etc.
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree student in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized, the candidate must be able to keep track of multiple projects and help move them forward simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to work productively and independently and produce high quality work under time constraints.
- Must have a tolerance for ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
- Required technology skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Google.
April 23, 2018
Achieving the Dream, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.