$13 per hour
Hours per week
30-40 hours per week
4 Irving Place
The Marketing + Events Internship Program is designed to provide qualified students interested in marketing, events, social media and the built environment with the opportunity to work within the Marketing + Events Team of one of New York City’s premier non-profit organizations.
The Union Square Partnership is hiring interns to assist with management of various free community programming, outreach to local businesses and organizations, research of USP-related press coverage, creation of social media and blog content, and more.
If you’re passionate about urban public space, events and communications, and have a motivated, scrappy attitude, this is the ideal hands-on internship opportunity for you.
The primary responsibilities of the Marketing and Events Intern position include:
- Assist with management of various Union Square Partnership events including Getting to Zero Waste and Emergency Management small business forums, Happy Pawlidays Holiday Market Kick Off, winter fitness festival Sweat Fest, as well as preparation for our 9-week long free programming series in Union Square Park, Summer in the Square.
- Develop social media and blog content to promote USP’s work and engage with neighborhood partners and businesses for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (Editing photo/video for social media is a plus).
- Assist with office management tasks including managing incoming phone calls and email (must be comfortable on the phone), preparing mailings and handling deliveries.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials such as digital newsletters, business welcome packets and branded “swag.”
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and execution skills to complete a diverse array of projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Outgoing, motivated, and creative with an eagerness to learn new skills. Candidate must conduct themselves in a professional demeanor and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Generally tech-savvy, with experience in Microsoft Office programs, social media, and website content development; design experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- General knowledge of the Union Square/14th Street Neighborhood and the operation of NYC Business Improvement Districts (or the desire to learn).
Start date December 2018, must be available through the Spring Semester until May, with possibility to extend through Summer and Fall.
How To Apply
USP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by Monday, November 5th. Only applicants who are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.