Youth Program Intern - World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA)
- Internship posted by World Federation of United Nations Associations
Hours per week
WFUNA is a global non-profit organization working for a stronger and more effective United Nations. Established in 1946, we represent and coordinate a membership of over 100 United Nations Associations and their thousands of members. We work to build a better world by strengthening and improving the United Nations, through the engagement of people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation – global citizens. WFUNA believes that youth, as civil society activists, have the power to be significant agents of positive change. For this, WFUNA seeks to engage young people in their work with a specific focus on youth participation at the UN, sustainable development, peace and security, and human rights.
The Youth Program Intern position is an unpaid full-time position based at WFUNA’s New York office for a period of six months. The Youth Program intern will report to the Sustainable Development Officer and will support WFUNA’s Youth Program, particularly in the areas of communications and outreach, fundraising, curriculum development and event production. Prospective applicants should have a valid US visa.
- Assisting the Sustainable Development Officer in WFUNA’s overall youth work
- Managing WFUNA’s youth social media channels
- Supporting in the maintenance of WFUNA’s youth section of the website
- Conducting research and synthesizing information on potential fundraising opportunities
- Supporting in donor research, grant writing and concept note drafting
- Maintaining and updating WFUNA’s Youth Network data base and mailing lists
- Organizing and coordinating logistics for meetings and events
- Representing WFUNA at conferences, meetings and events, particularly at the UN and with WFUNA members, taking notes and drafting reports
- Preparing the daily news scan in collaboration with other interns
- Other tasks related to the position or assigned by supervisor
- Undergraduate degree required
- Familiarity and previous working experience with mainstream social media platforms such as but not limited to Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.
- Excellent (oral and written) communications skills and organizational skills
- Interest and basic understanding of international affairs, the United Nations and its organs and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Proficiency in English (knowledge of other languages preferred)
- Capacity to work in multicultural settings, develop solid working relationships and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, detailed oriented, adaptable, independent and creative
- Prior experience in youth engagement and participation a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
WFUNA’s offices are located at UN Headquarters in New York City. This internship will provide an excellent networking opportunity with UN staff, diplomats, UNA members, civil society or youth-led organizations representatives, youth delegates to the UN, youth activists, youth workers, as well as other interns at the UN.
This position will also offer access to UN conferences, meetings and general resources. Opportunities for professional development will be available mainly through in office trainings and exposure to the responsibilities of the position.
WFUNA’s offices are located at UN Headquarters in New York City. This internship will provide an excellent networking opportunity with UN staff, diplomats, UNA members, civil society or youth-led organizations representatives, youth delegates to the UN, youth activists, youth workers, as well as other interns at the UN. This position will also offer access to UN conferences, meetings and general resources. Opportunities for professional development will be available mainly through in office training and exposure to the responsibilities of the position.
How To Apply
To apply, please go to http://www.wfuna.org/internship-vacancies-andapplication-instructions and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page. Due to high levels of interest, we will only respond to prospective candidates. Due to visa restrictions, position will be given to applicants who possess a valid US visa.