Hours per week
Nansana Ngabo Stage Nansana Town Council, P O Box 36612 Kampala
Microfinance volunteers Uganda (MFV) is offering people from all over the world the opportunity to serve or work with Ugandan communities; as a part of the small microfinance institution Community Microfinance (CML) or by helping out with some of the many other projects that CML is involved in.
Internship marketing/social media
Lenders Without Borders (www.lenderswithoutborders.com) is a platform that links individuals and companies in the western world with small-scale Ugandan business owners in need of funding. The aim is to reduce the high capital costs microfinance institutions in Uganda face and thereby increase the outreach of financial services as well as reduce interest rates. Lenders Without Borders is however not about charity. We want to create a more positive picture of Uganda as a country full of investment opportunities and all money lent through us is returned to the lender with an interest. The concept is developed by MFV's founder together with two previous MFV volunteers.
There is now a need for help in developing the concept further. Especially, we need someone to help us with online marketing. We are looking for an innovative person that can help us reach out to a broader public. Skills in writing (English is the language we use), social media management and an interest in photography is necessary. Your most important characteristic for this position will however be your creativity. This position might not be a full time position and can be combined either with helping CML with other tasks, working with other projects of your choice or just spending more time exploring Uganda as a tourist.
Who can apply?
This internship is for students in marketing or related subjects. We value skills in online marketing, social media management, web design, programming and photography.
You need to be able to communicate in English which is the official language in Uganda. It is also necessary for you to be able to adapt to a different culture and a sometimes much simpler life style than you are used to. This internship program will show you the real Uganda and that involves things such as slow or absent internet connection, power outbreaks, cold showers and things taking very much longer time than expected. On the other hand, you will get a unique and memorable experience and new perspectives of life.
Terms and conditions
- The length of the internship and the number of working hours will be adjusted to your needs.
- The internship is unpaid and you are responsible for covering all costs associated with living in and travel to Uganda. MFV will help you arrange accommodation in either a host family or at a guest house and will also assist with visas and other practical aspects.
- After the internship, Lenders Without Borders will provide you with a letter of recommendation.
- If the internship is part of your coursework, we will make sure that you fulfill the requirements of your university for getting academic credit.
- Lenders without borders work on weekdays during normal business hours. However, we encourage you to travel while in Uganda and schedules are flexible.
How To Apply
Apply by send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org where you present yourself and tell us what you are interested in working with.