Human Resources Intern (unpaid)
- Internship posted by The Fund for Public Health in New York City, Inc.
Hours per week
15-20 hours a week
22 Cortlandt Street
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The HR Intern will assist in day-to-day operations of HR department, and provide support to team of 3 in all functions, including recruitment, payroll, orientation of new employees and special projects.
- Assist with semi-monthly orientations for new staff
- Assist with payroll to include tracking time sheets and maintaining time and leave accruals
- Assist with recruitment for open positions by posting vacancies as directed
- Organize and file employee files; update HRIS as directed
- Assist with maintaining benefits files
- Assist with maintenance of FPHNYC’s Intranet site
- Must be enrolled in accredited university with focus on Human Resources, Industrial Relations or Organizational Development – senior bachelor’s candidates/graduate students preferred
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; generally technologically savvy
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong attention to detail, good time-management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Must have a positive, professional demeanor, be a strong team player and flexible