Well-being & Equity (WE) in the
World is seeking a current graduate or undergraduate student who is passionate about social change and equity for part-time remote internship starting in September 2021. This intern will be working on the HRSA RISE Project.
About Well-being & Equity (WE) in the World
WE in the World is made up of a diverse team of change agents who are passionate about igniting transformation for well-being and equity in the world. We bring decades of experience and trusted relationships working with hundreds of organizations and communities around the world. We believe that expertise and the potential to create change lies among those with lived experience, not just with academics and high-ranking professionals. Our team aims to boost localized, community-led change and assist leading organizations by developing frameworks and tools, building strategic networks, and scaling solutions that improve well-being and equity over generations. We’ve helped projects all around the world, ranging from transforming systems to better support people with mental health and addictions in Delaware to prison reform in Guyana, from youth empowerment in the Gambia to generational poverty in Texas. We recently served as a lead author for the Springboard for Equitable Recovery and Resilience for the Centers for Disease Control and FEMA.
About HRSA RISE
Communities RISE (Reach, Immunizations, System Change for Equity) Together is an alliance of partners connected to 2400+ organizations across the nation who are deeply rooted in communities, and have deep trust with Black, Native-American, Latinx, Asian-American/Pacific Islander, immigrant/migrant, and low-income older adult populations. A unity of effort, RISE initiative partners seek to leverage our collective expertise, capacity, and network of community-based organizations (CBOs) to create a system of coordinated support for a strategic and equitable response to COVID-19.
Communities RISE will serve a multi-region area targeting populations defined as most vulnerable according to the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Social Vulnerability Index. Our partnership will focus on Black, Native-American, Asian Pacific Islander and Native Hawaiian, Latinx, migrant, immigrant, rural and low-income people living in impacted communities.
· Support the RISE Call Center by engaging in outgoing calls, data collection, script development, and engagement efforts
· Complete relevant RISE trainings in vaccine ambassadorship, data use, equity, community organizing and narrative change.
· Utilize materials with information about the COVID 19 vaccination process -and disseminate that information in a sensitive and culturally appropriate way into outgoing calls to individuals from the call center.
· Support trainings and engagement with communities and organizations involved in the RISE Project by supporting logistical and communication efforts
· Support people to connect with benefits that support their well-being, including vaccinations and broader social supports (financial supports, food, housing, etc)
· Connect people to specific agency or supports that are available in the community
· Attend supervisory and intern meetings.
· Ensure accurate and timely reporting and data entry of call center activities for assigned goals. Identify progress toward both longer term and daily goals and objectives.
· Work in a leadership capacity to support the development of strategic outreach and adapt call scripts and implement innovative ways to provide information to communities.
Qualities we look for:
· Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team both on the RISE Project and as part of WE in the World.
· Special interest in building long term networks among various community groups and an interest in gaining community organizing skills.
· Ability to engage in challenging conversations while maintaining professionalism and patience.
Ideal candidates for this internship position will possess the following characteristics:
The issues we work on as an organization focus on releasing the trapped and untapped potential of marginalized groups in our communities. As an organization that centers lived experience, we do our best to provide a welcoming and supportive environment to all team members. We strongly encourage applicants from a diverse array of backgrounds to help us in our mission to improve global equity and well-being.
Well-being & Equity (WE) in the
World is seeking a current graduate or undergraduate student who is passionate about social change and equity for part-time remote internship starting in September 2021. This intern will be…
Please send attach your resume and cover letter.