Communications and Social Media Internship in a Beautiful Surf Town in Brazil (Free Virtual positions available)
- Internship posted by ETIV do Brasil
Hours per week
Minimum 20 hours per week/1 month time commitment
Rua Massaranduba, No. 26
Bairro Passagem, CEP 45530-000
ETIV do Brasil is looking for a dedicated intern to serve as our Communications and Social Media Coordinator (CSMC). The CSMC will be responsible for developing and leading our overall communications and social media strategy, with the support of the Operations Manager and/or the Director. The CSMC also works closely with our Marketing and Recruitment team to accomplish joint goals aimed at improving the exposure, recruitment rates and overall success of the NGO. This includes working on our brochures, posters, fliers, and banners as well as taking a lead role on helping us create our newsletters and annual reports. In addition, the CSMC is responsible for leading the work on all of our visual content, by creating and organizing all of our visual content in our database and visual library. Volunteers or Interns can also support this position virtually from home, completely free of charge. However, they will need to work closely with others on site in order to receive the best photos, videos and content to be used to create all of the other materials or posts. Besides the tasks listed above, virtual volunteers are also expected to help promote the NGO at home and in local schools, universities and communities.
- Develop content and track results of social media campaigns
- Measure and track performance of the social media strategies
- Provide recommendations for new strategies and initiatives for social media
- Maintain the social media calendar based on the department’s strategies and initiatives
- Write, develop, edit and upload articles for the ETIV blog, newsletters and annual reports as necessary
- Volunteers must work at least 20 hours per week; Coordinators must work at least 25 hours per week and Virtual volunteers must contribute at least 5 hours per week
- Basic Portuguese
- Minimum 1-month time commitment for volunteers
- Minimum 3-month time commitment for coordinators
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Working knowledge of canvas or willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work within deadlines
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and google drive
- Basic video editing (preferred, but not required)
Most interns can receive university credit while interning with us and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We offer ongoing support and can help organize taxi pickups, local accommodations and even Capoeira or Portuguese classes. All volunteers and interns will also receive our Pre-Departure PowerPoint, and Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacaré, life insurance while working with us and 24 hour emergency support during their volunteer time or internship at the NGO. In addition, volunteers or interns can also earn credit as a remote/virtual CSMC with us completely free of charge and will still receive supervision, support and an excellent reference for quality work.
Low income volunteers and interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 5-months (preferably 6) to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have their volunteer contribution waved. However, all volunteers and interns are responsible for covering their own food, travel and accommodation expenses and everyone must pay the $67 admin fee that covers all legal documentation.