Hours per week
Quinta Gamero B-2
Avenida Ejercito 906, Cayma
As HOOP’s first Psychology Assistant you will form an integral part of our small Psychology team and help to expand its impact and reach. This is a varied role requiring strong research skills, cultural sensitivity and a passion for reducing the social taboo surrounding psychology in the Flora Tristan community. Your tasks will involve participating in workshops, assisting with counselling and contributing to the different research projects of our department.
- Give psychological attention and assist with counselling to the moms and kids in our community.
- Contribute to the different research projects of the department.
- Assist in the creation of qualitative and quantitative reports to request grants from external institutions.
- Participate in all community workshops organized by the department.
- Maintain professional confidentiality at all times.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent or advanced Spanish speaker.
- Qualification as a psychologist (or working towards it) required.
- Experience working in social or community psychology, with both adults and kids.
- Enjoyment working both in the field as well as in the office.
- Good data analysis and statistical skills, preferably knowledge of basic data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel, SPSS and others.
- Good team-working skills.
- Flexibility with work time to meet the changing demands of the psychology program.
- Creativity; bringing new and innovative ideas to resolve problems.
- Empathy, patience and cultural sensitivity.
What we offer:
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Gain experience working in psychology in the non-profit sector and learn about community issues in international development.
- One-to-one mentoring by the Psychology Coordinator.
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement.
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement.
Unfortunately as a very small organisation we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Quinta Gamero B-2, Cayma, Arequipa, Peru and Flora Tristan English School, Flora Tristan, Villa Fontana, Arequipa, Peru.
Minimum time commitment: four months (preferably six months),
Working hours: Monday to Friday, six hours per day (plus one hour for lunch), plus occasional ad-hoc hours in evenings or weekends relating to HOOP’s local fundraising events
Position reports to: Psychology Coordinator
How To Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org