Are you looking to learn more about renewable energy and the possibility of a green career in this growing industry? Solar One’s Clean Energy Education Internship program will give you first-hand experience in K-12 clean energy education to expand your knowledge and skill-set.
● Fall semester or 6-month virtual internship program with 15 - 20 hours required a week
● Paid internship - $18/hr for current/recent undergraduate students, $20 for graduate students or students with an undergraduate degree
● Flexible schedule to accommodate for student classes
● Flexible start date: September 2020
● Students currently enrolled in a college or university within New York City
● A New York State resident having attended a college or university within New York City between 2019-2020
During the Clean Energy Education Internship, students will have the opportunity to support K-12 educational programming focused on energy conservation, energy efficiency, sustainable design, climate change, and renewable energy. Interns will participate in virtual professional development training for NYC teachers and join virtual classes with youth where we teach about clean energy career pathways, and work on virtual activities such as assessing a building for solar potential. Interns will also have opportunities to join solar and energy efficiency classes for high school aged youth in the electrical and construction trades.
This internship is currently planned to be a virtual internship, however, if Solar One resumes in person programming during the course of the internship, there may be optional opportunities for interns to participate in hands-on activities with youth in the classroom.
You can read more about our programs here- thegreendesignlab.org
● Report to Manager of K-12 Curriculum & Instruction
● Provide administrative support to the Solar One Education Department. This includes, but is not limited to: professional development webinar support, note taking, records management, teacher communications and follow up, and inputting data into Salesforce.
● Support staff in tracking teacher and student participation in our programs
● Assist in the analysis of Solar One’s energy education program for gaps and help develop and implement appropriate policies, procedures, and standards to be used
● Collaborate with Solar One staff to conduct and analyze surveys and recommend program changes as needed to reach goals.
● Help build our database of energy education resources
● Support the Education staff in the management of high-priority projects
● Develop communication and outreach materials for department’s social media platforms
● Participate in mentorship activities with supervisor and other Solar One staff
● Complete a culminating project that assists with the clarification and development of professional goals
● Strong passion and commitment to energy, climate change education, and sustainability
● It is preferred if candidates are pursuing a degree in environmental science, ecology, biology, sociology, sustainability, education or a related discipline
● Experience working with children, the public, or in an educational setting is preferred.
● Strong interpersonal, time management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and proven ability to handle competing priorities
● Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Forms, Sheets, etc) programs
Are you looking to learn more about renewable energy and the possibility of a green career in this growing industry? Solar One’s Clean Energy Education Internship program will give you first-hand experience in K-12 clean energy education…
Solar One is an equal opportunity employer. Solar One strives to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of renewable energy and resilience and people in a rapidly changing world. Solar One recruits and employs through a lens of equity and encourages people of all races, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law to apply.
TO APPLY: Please email a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No Calls Please. We will only be able to reply to candidates that we are interviewing.
Solar One is an equal opportunity employer. Solar One strives to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the…