$650/semi-monthly taxable living allowance ($13,732 annual allowance)
51 Sleeper Street
About AmeriCorps and the North Shore AmeriCorps Program:
AmeriCorps is a national community service program that gives people an opportunity to apply their skills and ideals towards helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. The North Shore AmeriCorps Program is an innovative young program that places 25 AmeriCorps members in schools and nonprofit organizations throughout Lynn and Salem, MA, to help implement programs designed to reduce the school dropout rate among English Language Learners through strategic tutoring and mentoring programs. AmeriCorps members serve with their host sites, either in a school or a community based nonprofit that provides services to young people. Members provide structured tutoring and mentoring supports to English Language Learners, helping them succeed academically and socially in the community. Youth typically range in age from 8-17, depending on the site. Members complete eleven months of service, from October 2018 to July 2019. Collectively, the service of the AmeriCorps members ensures a holistic approach throughout the community to reduce the barriers to academic success for English language learners and their families.
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is advancing the common good in our region by providing help today in ways that strengthen tomorrow. Our work ensures that children are ready to learn when they enter school, stay engaged in learning and graduate able to compete, and are nurtured by families that have the financial stability to support both their basic needs and future success. No other single organization has the scope, expertise and influence, to bring together hundreds of human services agencies, government, businesses, private foundations and dedicated volunteers around a common vision of creating maximum impact and achieving long-lasting results.
AmeriCorps Service Requirements:
Complete a minimum of 1700 hours of documented service over the course of one year, as well as the full-term of service (October 2018- July 2019)
Attend all Corps wide training and learning sessions
Complete all required AmeriCorps documentation and reporting
If interested in any of the below positions please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 15th, 2018.
- Lynn: 1 position in a school available, 1 position available in a community based nonprofit
- Salem: 2 positions in a school available
AmeriCorps Member Selection Timeline:
- Application deadline is October 15th, 2018. Applicants will be notified as applications are reviewed.
- October 22nd, 2018 Full time training and orientation day for AmeriCorps members
- October 23rd, 2018 AmeriCorps members begin full time service at sites
- $650/semi-monthly taxable living allowance ($13,732 annual allowance)
- $5,920 Segal Education Award upon completion of service
- Paid health and dental insurance
- Uniform parts
- YMCA Membership (for the year)
- Training and networking opportunities among a core groups of Corps members and other non profit professionals.
- Access to the United Way network for resources after service is complete
How To Apply
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE AMERICORPS POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT EACH SITE LISTED ABOVE AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT:
For more information about the North Shore AmeriCorps Program and general information about the AmeriCorps positions, please contact:
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD EMAIL A RESUME TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley,
Human Resources Coordinator