Hours per week
Americans for Tax Fairness, a national campaign of 425 endorsing organizations supporting federal tax reform at the national and state levels, is seeking a Fellow to provide support for research and policy work; communications, including digital media; and office administration. The Campaign consists of unions, think tanks, national and state advocacy networks, small business groups, and diverse constituency groups. ATF has come together based on the belief that the country needs comprehensive, progressive tax reform that results in greater revenue, especially from the richest Americans and big corporations, to meet our growing needs and to ensure that our economy works for everyone.
We are a staff of five, which provides a Fellow with a valuable opportunity to work closely with colleagues on a high-profile issue campaign. Compensation is $12.50 an hour.
We are seeking an individual who can work full-time to assist with the following:
· Research and policy analysis: Analyze how U.S. corporations are distributing their recent large federal tax cuts; rapidly respond to breaking news on tax issues; keep abreast of new research and policy developments; assist with drafting fact sheets, reports and blog posts.
· Communications: Assist the Communications Director and the Digital Director with a legacy media and digital communications program, including preparing daily press clips, preparing blog posts and shareable graphics, drafting letters to the editor.
· Administration: Provide general administrative support; file credit card receipts and reimbursements; and maintain listservs.
· Experience doing research and compiling data
· Experience with social media, especially Twitter and Facebook
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
· Good writing skills
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· Individuals should be self-motivated and organized
On an ongoing basis submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Fellowship.