Summer Grassroots Organizer- Climate Speakers Network Internship
- Internship posted by The Climate Reality Project
Hours per week
10 hours per week and a maximum of 24
District of Columbia
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to empower a global cultural movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis using cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project offers an unpaid internship program to qualified candidates in several areas of interest including communications, grassroots organizing and development. Every Climate Reality intern is assigned an intern mentor who is responsible for ensuring that the intern experience is educational and rewarding. The overall objective is for the intern to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible while working with the organization.
The Climate Speakers Network (CSN) is a program of The Climate Reality Project that leverages our experience educating over 10,000 Climate Leaders to train, support, and empower peer messengers working to connect climate change with their community. The CSN works with partner organizations to engage politically and culturally diverse communities who can reach out to their peers in the context of commonly shared values distinct to each audience. By leveraging peer messengers and shifting the narrative on climate change to focus on solutions, the Climate Speakers Network is expanding the chorus of voices calling for action. CSN is looking for an intern to join our team in Spring 2018.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Conducting grassroots outreach to event hosts and partner organizations.
- Researching local community groups and engagement opportunities for the Climate Speakers Network.
- Assisting with the organization and maintenance of the Climate Speakers Network database.
- Assisting in recruitment, event coordination and logistics for full day and half day climate change peer-messenger trainings.
- Helping create event materials.
- Depending on intern’s interests and experience additional responsibilities could include: researching international, national, state and local climate change impacts and solutions and creating Apple Keynote presentations
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in-person and on the phone.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Prior experience in environmental advocacy, grassroots organizing, or political campaigning.
- Spanish fluency
- Experience with Apple Keynote or PowerPoint.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 hours per week and a maximum of 24.
How To Apply
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, short writing sample, and dates of availability to email@example.com. Please use the subject line in the email to identify that you are interested in the Climate Speakers Network Internship. Applications will be accepted until a candidate is identified.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.