The Communications Intern is instrumental in reporting and analyzing all aspects of communications, developing communications strategies, managing online tools (social media posts, website, blog content) and creating/distributing other promotional materials for our program. You will also work as a tour guide with En Vía and can become part of En Vía's loan collection team (depending on Spanish level). This is a great role to gain insight into En Vía's programs and daily operations.
We currently have tours on Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in 6 communities within the Tlacolula Valley: Santa María Guelacé, San Sebastián Abasolo, San Juan Guelavía, Teotitlán del Valle, San Marcos Tlapazola and San Miguel del Valle.
· Report and analyze all aspects of communication.
· Communication plan: develop new communication strategies (key messages, appropriate and consistent language/terminology, etc.).
· Social media, website and blog: generate content, making improvements to functionality, maximizing their potential and monitoring their performance.
· Assist in writing quarterly newsletters.
· Manage free tour promoters/press: sometimes we are approach by travel agents/writers who ask to join a free tour for their research or want to do a project with us. You would be in charge of being the first filter to make sure they are aware who we are, see if our values align and what exactly they would want from En Vía. If we choose to do something with someone, you would be the point person during project.
· Promotion: help recruiting tour participants and volunteers through online platforms, Spanish school classrooms, hanging posters and fliers.
· Merchandise: assist with sales of merchandise.
· Tour guide: lead tours of 5-12 persons.
· Help in community meetings: collect loan payments (depending on Spanish level).
· Special projects as assigned.
· Fluent English (excellent writing skills).
· Basic-intermediate Spanish.
· Demonstrate commitment to social change and community development.
· Electronic device (computer).
· College studies or equivalent.
· High flexibility and organization.
· Excellent people skills: outgoing, friendly, warm and professional.
· Ability and passion for building relationships with individuals from different backgrounds.
· Good judgment, strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· High motivation and creativity.
· Graphic design, photo and video editing.
Preferred Experience (but not required)
· Experience volunteering.
· Living abroad.
· Weekly commitment: From Monday to Friday 30-35 hours in the office and in the communities (to generate content for posts in our online platforms). Schedule can be flexible and you will have some ownership of your schedule.
· One or two tours per week (including some, but not all Saturdays).
· One or two afternoons per week helping in community meetings (depending on Spanish level).
· Minimum 4-6 months (or longer). We prefer long-term volunteers.
· There is no cost to do an internship with our organization.
· This is an unpaid intern position. At this time, En Vía doesn’t provide assistance with housing or living costs, but we can give you recommendations of housing in or around the city.
The Communications Intern is instrumental in reporting and analyzing all aspects of communications, developing communications strategies, managing online tools (social media posts, website, blog content) and creating…