Background: CORE Group fosters collaborative action and learning to improve and expand community focused public health practices. Established in 1997 in Washington D.C., CORE Group is an independent not-for-profit organization, and home of the Community Health Network, which brings together CORE Group member organizations, scholars, advocates and donors to support the health of underserved mothers, children and communities around the world.
The Communications and Knowledge Management Team strengthens knowledge-sharing and communications between CORE Group, its membership, and the broader global health and international development community to advocate for key community health activities and messages, and to demonstrate CORE Group’s value and impact in the field.
Introduction: The purpose of this position is to assist the Knowledge Management and Communications Team with all communications and knowledge management-related projects and tasks. The internship will be 15-20 hours/week starting in late-August/September 2021 and ending in December 2021, with the potential for extension. The hours and schedule are flexible depending on the intern’s availability.
A stipend will be given out at the end of the internship. Course credit may also be available.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated understanding of current developments in the field of public communication, knowledge management, development planning and processes, and communication platforms especially website management (WordPress) and social media.
• Experience with graphic design and video production preferred
• Interest/experience in international development issues, particularly global health, is desirable.
• Experience in Microsoft Suite, Canva and Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Experience with Constant Contact or Mailchimp preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure with flexibility in a teamsetting.
• Basic layout and design skills helpful.
• Fluency in English required. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish helpful.
CORE Group is based in the Washington, DC metro area but candidates will be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.
Background: CORE Group fosters collaborative action and learning to improve and expand community focused public health practices. Established in 1997 in Washington D.C., CORE Group is an independent not-for-profit organization, and home…
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “KM and Communications Intern Fall 2021” as the subject line. No phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Use “KM and Communications Intern Fall 2021” as the subject line. No phone calls please. Only potential…