Hours per week
Hours are flexible. Internships require a minimum of 15 hours per week with a minimum commitment 0f 3 months, 6 months is preferred.
District of Columbia
The Association for Community Empowerment Solutions (ACES World) is a community of individuals and organizations working to accelerate an end to global poverty by removing the impediments to quality education though partnering and knowledge exchange to create a world of shared prosperity. We envision a world where extreme global poverty is eliminated, access to free quality education is universal, and through education, children are empowered to change the world.
To achieve this, ACES World is seeking a three (3) interns. The interns will work directly with the Executive Director to:
Development Interns (2)
· research and cultivate support for ACES World programs
· develop and manage donor database
· track and evaluate fundraising efforts
· organize events
· identify potential corporate sponsors
· identify and explore grant opportunities
This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated and organized individuals to develop skills in nonprofit development work and work to accelerate an end to poverty in Africa.
These are remote unpaid internships
Social Media Intern (1)
· contribute to website redesign projects
· monitor and post on blogs and social networks
· engage in online forums
· participate in online outreach and promotion
· optimize our website and conducting keyword analysis
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites, looking to gain valuable online media experience with an organization working in Africa to accelerate an end to global poverty.
This is a remote unpaid internship.
The ideal candidates must be:
· flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and committed to ACES mission possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
· possess solid oral and written communication skills
· be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Word Perfect Excel, PowerPoint
· capable of juggle multiple tasks
· able to manage multiple social media platforms to support the work of ACES World (Social Media Intern)
Internships require a minimum of 15 hours per week with a minimum commitment of 3 months, 6 months is preferred.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to Linda Jackson, Executive Director, at Linda.Jackson@ACESWorld.org, with the subject, “Intern.”
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. There is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Positions offer an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects and can result in a great reference.