The Indian Society of Agribusiness Professionals (ISAP) is a non-profit development agency, established in 2001 by a group of Agriculture and Management Professionals with the aim to revitalise rural India through providing access to sustainable farm and rural community livelihood development.
ISAP is one of the largest networks of agriculture and allied sector professionals in India and acts as a bridge between a network of Indian rural communities and other stakeholders, including government, development organisations and corporate entities. ISAP does this through large-scale field implementation projects with integrated deployment of technological innovation for efficiency and scale.
With more than 600 staff and experts across 17 field offices in 11 Indian states, ISAP’s interventions have contributed to enhancing livelihood opportunities for more than one million farmer households, 2458 agri-preneurs and more than 20,000 youth and 20,000 women in agricultural communities. ISAP has physical establishments at 100 locations
With this hybrid approach of community education and entrepreneurship, ISAP is leading the way – empowering farmers, enabling growth and productivity and supporting communities to lead from within towards sustainable futures.
For more information on our work and projects, please visit: https://www.isapindia.org/
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual motivated to gain experience in the rural development sector and actively engage in helping us sustain the future of our work.
We are looking for a committed, self-driven and highly adaptable individual to assist our team based out of our Delhi office.
Main responsibilities include:
· Assist in researching, developing and preparing proposals for upcoming projects
· Contribute to grant research, grant writing and partnership development
· Work with team members to identify new donors, and unlock new network-building opportunities - to build our pipeline of future funding prospects
· Create and provide support in the creation of high quality presentations, pitches, financial documents, reports and communication materials for fundraising purposes
· Working with management to create a database of potential grants and timelines for the entire grant writing process
· Work with staff and volunteers to identify areas of needs where a grant would help solve a problem or fill a need.
· Assist in the reporting and monitoring and evaluation of all current projects
· Support for Project Leads with regular field visits
The Indian Society of Agribusiness Professionals (ISAP) is a non-profit development agency, established in 2001 by a group of Agriculture and Management Professionals with the aim to revitalise rural India through providing…
Desired skills and experience:
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant topic (Project Management, Business Administration, Agricultural Studies, International Development, etc.) or previous experience in a relevant field or demonstrated interest in these fields
· Impeccable written and oral skills in English (knowledge of Hindi and/or Bhojpuri will be considered an advantage). A writing sample will be required by those called to interview.
Strong writing skills, and the ability to communicate complicated ideas in a clear, simple, and inspiring way.
· Strong command of Word, Powerpoint and Excel. Knowledge of design software a bonus
· Willingness to combine field and office work
· Excellent research, communication and management skills
· Proactivity, creativity, commitment and flexibility
· Ability to work individually and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
· Willingness to live and work in India, in shared accommodation
· Ability to connect to people and genuine passion for rural development
Duration: from the beginning March 2020 or later; candidates should be able to commit for a minimum of 6 months (longer preferred).
Shared accommodation close to the office in Delhi is provided . A monthly stipend of 10,000 Rs is offered.
We do not help with visa and flights costs but assistance is provided to obtain a visa.
Desired skills and experience:
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant topic (Project Management, Business Administration, Agricultural Studies, International Development…