Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 132 independent nonprofit legal aid organizations with more than 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC’s mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance to low-income Americans.
LSC is seeking applicants local to the DC area. Depending on the status of Covid-19 related telework in the Spring, the internship may be fully remote, partially in-person, or fully in-person. If LSC returns to in-person work, the intern will be expected to report to the LSC office.
The primary objectives of the internship are for the intern to:
· Increase their proficiency in specific fundraising disciplines, such as finance management, grant research, marketing, and event coordination.
· Observe and participate in fundraising operations and decision-making.
· Learn the basics of nonprofit project development.
The intern's hours may be up to 22.5 hours per week. The internship will run from January through May 2021, with the potential to extend through the Summer and an increase to up to 37.5 hours per week. Candidates interested in an extended internship are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The intern's principal duties and responsibilities include:
1. Draft background memos on prospective donors;
2. Prepare and send acknowledgement letters and maintain records of LSC donations in Excel and Salesforce;
3. Research and prepare summaries of new foundations;
4. Research project proposals;
5. Manage current projects and compile research for current privately-funded projects;
6. Support the development of LSC’s Leaders Council and Emerging Leaders Council via research, logistics, and planning;
7. Help cultivate sponsorships for LSC events;
8. Research event venues and caterers;
9. Maintain guest and speaker lists;
10. Work with key high-profile individuals in preparation for events, and when necessary, staff major fundraising events; and
11. Perform general administrative functions.
LSC is accepting applications from students currently enrolled in college or recently graduated. The ideal applicant will be dependable, self-motivated, professional, hard-working, disciplined, and demonstrate integrity. He or she will have excellent research and analytical skills, have excellent oral and written communication skills, be attentive to details and organized, and able to work both independently and on a team. He or she also will exercise good judgment and be an effective problem-solver, intellectually curious, and committed to LSC's mission to promote equal access to justice.
A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required. Salesforce and Smartsheet background encouraged.
This position is paid on an hourly basis in accordance with the following rate schedule:
1st year: $15.00
2nd year: $16.00
3rd year: $17.00
4th year: $18.00
Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 132 independent nonprofit legal aid organizations with more than…
Submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Apply directly on our website at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers
Questions may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1560 or email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Our differences fuel excellence, and we strive to create an environment where every individual is valued and feels empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work. We are building a community rooted in openness and trust where colleagues have the resources to grow, thrive and fully contribute to achieving equal access to justice.
LSC is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why…