FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM SUMMER 2018
- Internship posted by Meals on Wheels America
Hours per week
1550 Crystal Drive
ABOUT THE MEALS ON WHEELS AMERICA:
Meals on Wheels America is the only national organization and network dedicated solely to ending senior hunger in America. Meals on Wheels America is the oldest and largest organization composed of and representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 states and U.S. territories. More than 5,000 local Meals on Wheels Programs leverage a dedicated army of two million volunteers who day-in and day-out create an efficient and caring way to help America’s seniors stay independent, healthy and able to live in their own homes. For more information, visit mealsonwheelsamerica.org.
For the summer, Meals on Wheels America will host interns to add capacity and help fulfill our mission. All interns will be an integral part of the organization and will receive individualized attention and professional mentorship. They will be a part of the team during an important time of organizational growth and evolution and will have a hand in some of the major transition projects. All interns will meet bimonthly to discuss projects and share insights. At the end of the internship period, each intern will make a brief presentation to the entire staff about their experience and what they accomplished. Additional training and professional development opportunities will be made available throughout the internship.
Meals on Wheels America prides itself on having a vibrant and healthy culture that is both professional and fun. Interns will be able to participate in regular social activities with the staff as well as attend staff meetings and briefings.
Meals on Wheels America will provide a stipend to each intern. The intern is responsible for securing short-term housing and transportation to and from work, as needed. Meals on Wheels America is accessible from the Blue and Yellow metro lines in Crystal City, VA.
All interns are expected to commit a minimum of 8 weeks to Meals on Wheels America. Business hours are 9 am - 5:30 pm, Monday-Friday. The schedule will be flexible and will allow for time off as needed. All interns will need to start between May and June of 2018.
FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN DESCRIPTION:
- Collaborate on strategic partnerships and prospect management, including research briefs, communication efforts, campaign projects, cultivation strategies, etc.
- Compile stories and create content to support Meals on Wheels projects, including social media, emails, and pitch decks
- Support individual and monthly donor communication, acknowledgement, and stewardship efforts
- Organize and compile donor and prospect data in database
- Assist with outreach to prospective corporate partners and sponsors
- Other projects to be assigned based on interest and organizational needs
- Open to both undergraduate and graduate students
- Interest in and enthusiasm for fundraising and nonprofit management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently and stay well organized
- Ability to work under pressure delivering a high degree of accuracy while meeting challenging deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products—particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Passion for the mission of Meals on Wheels America
- Database experience is preferred but not required
Meals on Wheels America is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
INTERNSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS:
To apply, please submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter (that indicates which specific intern position the candidate is applying for, in addition to why they would like the opportunity and would make a good fit)
- Email Subject Line: FirstName_LastName_2018_Development_Internship