Hours per week
10-12 hours a week
Keys 4 Success is a 501 (c)3 foundation that provides music education to children as young as 2 years old across New York City. Founded in 2013 Keys 4 Success serves over 500 students across the Greater New York City area.
The following are internship positions are open for the Fall 2018 Semester (October 2018- January 2019)
Application: Please send a cover letter and resume with 1-2 writing samples
Social Media Internship:
The social media intern will assist in all levels of Keys 4 Success social media strategy, from routine daily and weekly postings to participating in the conception and execution of campaigns, reporting, monitoring, and analysis. This is a hands-on position, offering the opportunity to actively improve tools through which Keys 4 success communicates its message to the public. The ideal candidate will contribute creatively to new and ongoing projects. This position has the opportunity to work remotely with weekly check ins with their respective supervisor. This internship is unpaid but available for college credit.
Objective : To support Keys 4 Success while providing a practical learning experience to an individual interested in communications and social media for an music orientate educational nonprofit organization.
Duties include some or all of the following based on current needs:
• Completing and keeping track of regular, repeated tasks
• Writing short blurbs and Tweets consistent with Keys 4 Success style
• Selecting appropriate images to use in SM communications
• Giving helpful feedback on how to best use content for SM
• Providing in-depth monthly SM reports
• Providing research and reports as requested
• Careful SM monitoring during crises
• Participating in putting together packages including photo galleries, video playlists, weekly content round-ups, and more
• Other tasks as assigned
• Strong experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Youtube, Vimeo, and knowledge of other tools such as Flipboard and Storify
• Experience with social media monitoring and scheduling tools
• Strong interest in writing and multimedia
• Experience in working in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficiency internet research
• Undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate experience in journalism or communication
-Working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Above-average computer literacy
• Skills in Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Audition, or other audio editing program
-Be able to take part in weekly evening meetings either in person or via phone or Skype.
- Part-timeInternship: 10-12 hours/week
- Timeframe and Schedule: Flexible from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. with occasional phone or video conference evening meetings.
- The internship is unpaid, but there will be opportunities for networking and professional development as well as college credit
This internship will give you flexibility to work remotely with weekly check in calls. All work can be used to build social media and marketing portfolio with permission.
How To Apply
Please send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org