8430 W. Bryn Mawr
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Media Relations
DATE: May – August (flexible)
LOCATION: 8430 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60631
General Summary of Position:
The Alzheimer’s Association provides a variety of education, information, support services, and advocacy to persons with dementia, their families, healthcare professionals and the community. As the number of persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease escalates, there is an increased demand for programs and services.
This internship will assist the Senior Manager of Media Relations and the Communications Specialist in meeting goals set by the senior management team of the Alzheimer’s Association Illinois Chapter. This position will assist in creating and writing copy for Chapter promotional materials meant to publicize Chapter-wide activities within a strategic communications plan.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Chapter’s social media accounts
- Source new media prospects
- Write copy for e-newsletter, magazine and website
- Submit and post Chapter events and offerings on news websites
- Other projects as assigned
We are looking for someone that is interested in communication, public relations and or Alzheimer’s disease. An ideal candidate would be majoring or minoring in communications or a related field. The schedule requirements are flexible but must be pre-determined and must be within the Mon-Fri. 9am-5pm work week with a minimum of 8-15 hrs. per week.
Students who apply must currently be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university. This position requires an individual to be self-motivated and committed to seeing a project from start to finish.
In addition but not limited to:
- Outstanding writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, this position will require you to be efficient at multitasking
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in communications/social media and a willingness to learn
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a copy of your resume, cover letter and 1 writing sample to Louie Iovane, Director, Volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org.