Hours per week
15-20 per week
801 East Morehead Street
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Location: Charlotte, NC
Reports To: Creative Services Manager
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 210 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year, and engage close to 100,000 volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Creative Services Manager, the Graphic Design Intern is responsible for supporting the engagement department with a focus on both print and digital media. Girls on the Run International offers an unpaid internship opportunity to earn academic credit upon agreement of the educational institution and Creative Services Manager.
- Ensure brand consistency through the creation of print and digital designs for marketing collateral including, but not limited to, donor and fundraising stewardship materials, merchandise and social media graphics
- Assist in the execution of marketing and communications campaigns and help assess their effectiveness in meeting organizational objectives
- Research and analyze nonprofit campaigns and marketing collateral best practices
- Provide social media and content development support as needed
- Organize and catalog creative assets
- Take photos and video at Girls on the Run (3rd – 5th grade program) and Heart & Sole (6th – 8th grade program) practices and at end-of-season 5Ks for use in marketing collateral
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work 15-20 hours a week at the Girls on the Run International office in Charlotte, NC
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student with aspirations for working in marketing, creative or the nonprofit sector
- High level of skill in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Understanding of design principles such as color theory, typography and layout
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player dedicated to providing support and helping to complete projects big and small
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate, multi-task and demonstrate initiative
- Experience with photography and videography a plus
Please visit https://www.girlsontherun.org/Who-We-Are/Work-With-Us to apply.