Solar PV development in rural India (internship/voluntary opportunity)
- Internship posted by ReEngineer India
Hours per week
40 Hrs per week
Renewal and Alternative Energy Projects
c/o ReEngineer India Program, EduCARE India – ViKAAS Centre
Job role: Project Manager
Duration: 3 months to 1 year
Location: Gajner, Rajasthan/ Rait, Himachal Pradesh
Who can apply?: Indian and international students looking for an internship as part of their studies. Indian and international professionals who want a career change or who want to bring their relevant skills to a rural Indian setting.
ReEngineer India operates within rural and impoverished communities, developing small-scale clean energy technologies, products and alternative practices to promote health, environment, and economic mobility.There is a large amount of flexibility in our organization and we believe that creative and new approaches to problems are needed to cause a real and sustainable impact.
We are looking for a highly proactive, committed and self motivated individual who can develop and construct a solar powered product or panel system and spread its use to provide wider access to electricity in rural Indian locations.
The applicant must be able to:
- Lead a new project under minimal supervision, from research and planning through to building and spreading the use of the solar PV system.
- Use theoretical and practical knowledge in circuitry and electrical systems to build a solar PV product/system on a small, individual scale.
- Carry out online and applied research to tackle technical challenges.
- Be creative by making use of local (and possibly limited) resources and materials in a sustainable manner.
- Be able to manage the finances of the project - do a cost analysis of the resources and propose an appropriate budget for approval.
- Communicate in good spoken and written English.
- Communicate the progression of the project with the Progam Coordinator and the wider team of renewable energy projects.
- Maintain weekly and monthly progression documents for the whole duration of the project.
Desirable qualities include:
- Experience working in sustainable development
- Has an interest in learning and adapting to the local culture and language
Currently studying or graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering/Physics/Renewable Energy or any other related fields.
Applicants without academic qualifications but with significant practical experience can also be considered.
For international applicants only: A one-off fee of (US) $670 is required for any duration of the project (ranging from 3 months to 1 year). This fee is required for: validation, visa documentation, online learning course, admin, civil liability, legal support, external professional resources fee paid for the outsource services.
- Certificate provided upon completion of the internship program.
- Shared accommodation provided and all housing bills covered for the whole duration.
- Live and work with an international team working in different fields.
- Opportunities to collaborate in other development projects such as Women Empowerment, Organic Farming and Waste Management.
- All project related materials and travel expenses reimbursed.
- Progression available for a paid fellowship (for both Indian and International applicants)
How To Apply
Send an email with your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org