Hours per week
40 hours per week
1401 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Our name, Issue One, speaks to our mission: We are focused on the core civic issue of our time — solving the root cause of the gridlock crippling Washington and degrading our democracy. Founded in 2013, we are a nonpartisan nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to political reform and government ethics in order to strengthen democracy and return government to the American people. We prioritize working across the aisle to find commonsense solutions that transcend the partisan divide.
Issue One is seeking a summer Communications intern interested in money-in-politics reform who can jump into our fast-paced and stimulating office culture to help us make our government one that is truly accountable to every American.
Our interns are integral members of the team. We are a small but growing office where you will gain hands-on experience in writing, graphic design, social media, website management, and many other areas depending on your interests. We also work closely with other reform organizations and will give you an expansive look at the important work being done nationwide to reduce money in politics.
As an Issue One intern, you will:
- Monitor news and updates related to money in politics
- Help write op-eds, blog posts, and other publicly distributed pieces
- Conduct money-in-politics research
- Design compelling and attention-garnering graphics
- Aid in shaping our message to reach both sides of the aisle
- Help with other tasks as required
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, or a recent graduate
- Demonstrated interest in campaign finance reform
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills (Mac and PC, MS Office)
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Experience with coding, graphic design (Adobe Creative Cloud) a plus
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, internship which takes place during standard office hours (M-F, 9am-5pm). To apply, please send a cover letter and resume as a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications internship” in the subject line. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Stipend provided for each day worked.