Internship or Leadership Fellowship - Choose your field; incredible experience with awesome nonprofit
- Internship posted by Global Language Network
Hours per week
20 to 40
1776 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Global Language Network is a DC-based 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with the mission of "using language as a tool to help fix our world." We provide opportunities to learn any language at a minimal cost through our engaging, in-person language classes.
We have a wide variety of skill-based fellowship, internship, and volunteering opportunities available. First, choose which department best meets your experience and overall goals. Then, choose which level of involvement best suits you. Please click on the tabs above to read about each one.
Please visit our GLN Internship & Fellowship page for more information. Leadership Fellows commit 30 or more hours per week, Interns & Coordinators contribute 20 or more hours per week.
Some Leadership Fellow, Intern, and Coordinator examples include:
- Development Coordinator/Intern– take a leading role in supporting GLN growth through corporate sponsorship outreach, grant research, grant writing, and other fundraising areas.
- Outreach Coordinator/Intern– take a leading role in supporting GLN growth through building strategic partnerships between GLN and other organizations.
- Networking Coordinator/Intern– take a leading role in the GLN Network Team along with attending local networking, social, and cultural events as an official GLN representative and making connections for GLN and for yourself.
- Operations Coordinator/Intern– take a leading role in supporting our Teaching Fellows by conducting class observations, creating teaching resources such as visual aids, handouts, etc and expanding the teacher resource library
- Administrative Coordinator/Intern – get the feel for how a not-for-profit organization works by assisting day-to-day operations and administration.
- Marketing Coordinator/Intern – take the lead with GLN marketing; visit GLN classes to capture media – picture, video, write-ups, provide support to our ‘individual giving’ program, fundraising events and other areas of fund development as necessary
- Media Production Coordinator/Intern - take the lead on developing GLN media through video production, photography, and other creative projects
Are you up for the challenge? Apply here today!
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who believes in the mission of the organization and wishes to help GLN grow and expand.
Note: we are a small, fast growing non-profit and currently do not have any available paid positions.
- Immense opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Fun, diverse and creative environment
- Opportunity to learn languages with GLN for free after work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent data entry, record keeping and other administrative skills
- Very organized and timely
- Office experience and customer service experience would be particularly helpful background
- Positive attitude, eager to learn and grow with the organization
Are you up for the challenge? Apply here today! Please e-mail your resume and a very brief cover letter to Global Language Network at Volunteer@TheGLN.org, Attention Andrew Brown.
Only complete applications will be reviewed!
To find out more about GLN, please visit our website: www.TheGLN.org or check out this internship video.
- Since this is a volunteer position, the work should not pose an issue to your visa. At this time we will not be sponsoring work visas.
Aside from working with great people at an awesome non-profit, you will get to take language classes for free during your time at GLN.
How To Apply
Apply here and please e-mail your resume and a very brief cover letter to Global Language Network at Volunteer@TheGLN.org
To find out more about GLN, please visit our website: www.TheGLN.org