Hours per week
10-15 hours per week
1304 Commonwealth Avenue
Lovin’ Spoonfuls is an organization that facilitates the recovery and distribution of healthy, perishable food that would otherwise be discarded. Lovin’ Spoonfuls works efficiently to deliver this food directly to community organizations and resources where it can have the greatest impact. Lovin’ Spoonfuls is committed to addressing the health, environmental and economic impact that food waste has on our community. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Lovin’ Spoonfuls is a 501c3, non-profit organization.
Lovin’ Spoonfuls seeks a dedicated individual for 10-15 hours per week. The intern will work with the Communications Director and the Executive Director to assist with communications-related projects, including research projects, public relations efforts, social media support, and marketing projects. This is an unpaid internship starting September 6th.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Update current media lists and research media contacts
- Analyze and identify current marketing trends, including video platforms, storytelling trends and social media opportunities
- Research new and emerging websites
- Assist in writing copy for event descriptions, press releases, newsletters and more
- Other research projects may include environmental impact research, health impact research, and other data to support the varied ways Lovin’ Spoonfuls communicates their work.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed. As a small start-up organization, the ability to pitch-in where and when needed is critical.
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers
- Strong customer service and phone skills
- Desire to work for and grow with a mission-driven organization
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps
- Access to reliable transportation (office location is Comm Ave, Allston)