Hours per week
2 days a week (12 hours) for 3 months
We are looking for a self-motivated, highly organized and passionate individual to assist in the maintenance and development of our film programs and community outreach goals. Candidates must be proficient in Google Docs, have excellent research and communication skills, website maintenance (Wordpress), and a strong interest in documentary, impact media, human rights and advocacy.
- Highly organized
- Excellent research, administration and communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Docs
- Proficiency with Wordpress
- Experience with Listservs and Listserv etiquette
- Be forward-thinking and well-spoken
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to give input and collaborate on ideas
- Strong interest in global social justice, documentaries, and education
- Experience working in the education, media, non-profit sector is a plus
- Have a laptop and/or computer
- Website updates and maintenance with Wordpress
- Updating and maintaining databases and prospect correspondence for film programs, educational forums, advocacy campaigns and multi-media platforms
- Graphic design tasks with Photoshop
- Assist with day-to-day research, administrative and outreach tasks
3 months minimum required. Work in office minimum 2 days a week 10am-4pm
- Unpaid internship with benefits such as:
- Opportunity to learn with a non-profit/ film festival/ advocacy organization
- Build contacts in the independent film/ media/ educational/ humanitarian/ human rights sector
- Each intern has the option to work on a project during their internship. This can be anything from a short documentary to an advocacy campaign - if it sets your soul on fire, we want to help it come into fruition. You will get consulting sessions throughout your time with us, we will connect you to new ideas and potential partners. More importantly, you will get a platform to graduate your passion from ideation to creation.
Gain an understanding of how to run operations for a nonprofit organization.