Hours per week
20 hours per week (approximately)
Artists for Peace and Justice works in direct partnership with communities in Haiti and around the world, creating pathways out of poverty by expanding access to education and providing training in creative industries.
APJ seeks a media intern to assist with the production of various forms of digital content. To fill this role we are looking for someone who is tech savvy, and who is currently developing their skills as a video editor, a graphic designer, or both. The ideal candidate for this internship will be someone hoping to go on to work in a creative field and who has enthusiasm for the mission of APJ. This flexible position can be adapted to your strengths is a great opportunity for students of graphic design, filmmaking, and / or marketing to apply their skills, or for those who have some knowledge of these areas and are looking to explore them in a professional setting.
- Help in the production of content such as videos, photos, or graphic design materials (based on your strengths and areas of interest)
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of our media archive
- Contribute creative input for new campaigns and projects
- Interest in exploring a career in a creative field and passionate for the work of APJ
- Current college student or recent graduate based in the NYC area
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency and some experience in all or some of the following areas: graphic design, editing / filmmaking, photo editing, web design and programming
- A strong combination of experience with the following software: Premiere, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Lightroom
How To Apply
Qualified candidates please send a resume and cover letter as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line or your application will not be considered. No calls please. We look forward to receiving your application and are happy to assist you in receiving college credit for your internship.