Travel stipend and honorarium provided
Hours per week
37.5 hours per week
McCarton Achievement Center - Development & Fundraising Internship
Internship Title: Development & Fundraising
Reports to: Mary Losiak, Manager of Development & Operations
Duration: June 1 - August 15, 2018, but is flexible based on school schedule
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Compensation: Travel Stipend & Honorarium
The Development department is responsible for the fundraising efforts for the organization. There are many fundraising initiatives-working with corporations and foundations, generating donated goods and services (in-kind), developing cause-related marketing campaigns, raising money with existing donors and engaging new donors, as well as our internal and external events.
Provide support to development staff. This intern position will work with the following areas: External Events, Internal Events, 2018 Fundraising Campaign, Project Updates, Corporate Donations, Individual Gifts, Major Gifts, and Government Funding.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with Development Manager to create and execute a plan for growing financial support for the Foundation
- Execute annual campaign (board giving, direct mail, corporate support, grant writing, crowdfunding campaign, public funding application).
- Plan and execute fundraising events (coordinate board calendar, guest list, event design, prepare program & ask, follow up communication).
- Receive and acknowledge gifts and pledges
- Learn how to input transactions into Salesforce.
- Create and maintain reports of fundraising progress using Salesforce NPSP (Nonprofit Success Pack).
- Manage Board Meetings & Board Development
- Coordinate calendar to maximize board attendance.
- Support Jr. Board in volunteer projects.
- Communicate with Board Members when working on volunteer projects, and support board member’s fundraising efforts.
- Support volunteers & in-kind donations
- Answer questions for volunteers, help volunteers succeed in the projects they take on by providing administrative support (scheduling meetings, planning transportation, mailing publications).
- Record in-kind donations, and create reports for in-kind donors.
- Development Budget
- Record and report all expenses the development department incurs.
- Set project based budgets, and create spending reports for directors and board to review.
- Must be a rising junior or senior at a 4 year accredited college/university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Candidates should be seeking a bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business administration, communications, or a related field. School credit is applicable if possible
- Graduate students are welcome to apply
- Interest in nonprofit work and fundraising
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- All applicants must submit BOTH a resume and a cover letter
- Candidate must furnish his/her own laptop for use during the course of the internship