Kids' Program Manager - Huaycan, Peru
- Internship posted by The Light and Leadership Initiative -- Huaycán, Perú
Kids' Program Manager
Looking to gain experience in the non-profit world? Want to volunteer abroad?
The Light and Leadership Initiative (LLI) is offering a unique and incredible opportunity to the right individual. We are seeking a Kids' Program Manager for our program headquarters in Huaycan, Peru, a developing community on the outskirts of Lima, Peru.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to work in a team or independently
- Be able to adapt to new situations and living environments
- Enjoy working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Have demonstrated leadership experience and skills
- Enjoy working with kids
- Previous experience living abroad is a plus
- Commit 12 months to interning with LLI + training time (at least 2 weeks)
- Have an interest in working with a grassroots nonprofit and making a difference
The Kids' Program Manager position consists of the following responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operations in our Kid's Center, an education space for kids ages 7-12 years old
- Coordinate class schedules
- Answer parents' questions
- Hold parents meeting and "parent hours"
- Coordinate registrations to the programs
- Front desk at the Kid's Center
- Step into classes to help teach when needed
- Contribute in weekly management meetings
This position require an advanced Spanish speaking level, interest in working in youth development,
and a 12 month commitment in exchange for free room and board.
Free room and board (including three meals a day) provided.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ian Craighead (Volunteer Communications Manager) email@example.com. Subject line should state "Kids' Program Manager".
Please only apply if you can meet the language and time commitment.
Start date 21st of August 2019. Contact us for more information.