AmeriCorps Project Conserve– Energy Savings Outreach Associate
- Internship posted by Appalachian Voices
living allowance of $13,732 plus education award of $5,920 upon completion
Hours per week
Full-time, 11-month position, 1700 hours total
589 West King Street
The primary responsibility of the Energy Savings Outreach Associate will be to plan, organize, manage and conduct community education and outreach activities in rural Appalachian communities in western North Carolina—communities served by rural electric cooperatives. Such activities will include and/or require: group and individual education and outreach (including providing presentations and workshops); planning and managing outreach activities in our respective target communities; volunteer outreach and management; development and distribution of print and digital materials; publishing relevant blogs and 2 newsletters; and managing other social media activities that support and promote the initiative. The overall purpose of such activities will be to expand awareness and understanding of the need for and benefits of residential energy efficiency improvements and to generate awareness of and demand for “on-bill” energy efficiency finance programs to be developed by rural electric cooperatives in western North Carolina.
- Applicants must have completed a 4 year accredited college program;
- A Bachelor’s degree (Environmental Studies, Appropriate technology/renewable energy, or environmentally focused communications degrees preferable);
- Excellent writing and research skills and an affinity for written communication (essential skill);
- Excellent verbal communications skills and a friendly, outgoing personality conducive to talking with people of all backgrounds and differing opinions (essential skill);
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about energy and environmental issues impacting Appalachia and the western North Carolina region;
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about energy efficiency and conservation;
- A strong work ethic and good time management and organization skills (essential);
- An ability to problem-solve and work well in a fast-paced setting (essential skill);
- Video editing and video creation a plus (marginal skill);
- A desire to work in the non-profit sector;
- A well-developed sense of humor.
- Eligible applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States, and consent to a criminal history check.
All applicants must apply through the AmeriCorps Project Conserve online application program. For details on eligibility, compensation and term, visit the main Project Conserve page. For complete details about the Appalachian Voices position, and to apply, visit this page
How To Apply
Please visit conservingcarolina.org for more details about Project Conserve and to apply for this position.