Hours per week
2-6 months with working hours negotiable between a part-time and full-time schedule
Globalteer is a UK registered Charity working internationally with communities in developing countries in the areas of child care, education, sports and social services and with conservation and animal rescue projects.
The Programme Communications Volunteer will be responsible for various public communications activities with the goal of recruiting new volunteers, raising awareness of our work, and fund raising. The role will include social media management, photography, video production, generating engaging stories for our websites, and writing newsletters.
The successful candidate will be based in Cusco, Peru. The term of this position is from 2 to 6 months, with working hours negotiable between a part-time and full-time schedule. This is an unpaid position.
Key role responsibilities:
• Managing Globalteer’s social media
• Writing blogs for Globalteer’s website
• Creating news stories, reports & newsletters
• Obtaining photo and video content
• Supporting staff and volunteers in the Globalteer office
• Additional duties as required
Person Specification: – Essential
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Passing a writing skills test
• Knowledge of MS Word and e-mail
• Experience in blogging or news writing for the web
• Adept at using Facebook and other social media as a marketing tool
• Experience using photo and video editing software
• Experience in using a CMS or blogging tools such as Wordpress
• Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector
• An understanding of volunteering and voluntourism
• Strong belief in the value of volunteering in international development
• A commitment to Globalteer’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
• Available to travel to Peru for 2-6 months, self-paid
• Eligible for a tourist visa upon arrival in Peru
• Travel insurance for the duration of your time in Peru
Gain experience for future career aspirations by volunteering with a UK Registered Charity! Come intern with us in Peru, just hours from Machu Picchu, one of the wonders of the world!
How To Apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants who have not heard from Globalteer 2 weeks after applying have not been successful in their application. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or by Skype. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check due to the nature of our work with children.
Globalteer is a registered Charity in England and Wales number 1119706. Website: www.globalteer.org