Hours per week
3 month minimum, 2 days per week minimum, preferred 6-7 hours per day (flexible)
307 West 38th Street
GMHC is the nation's first and leading provider of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and advocacy and provides services to more than 13,000 people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS in New York City. The Development Intern will be an essential part of the development team by helping support GMHC’S fundraising activities. The intern will learn the essential skills needed for an entry-level position in development and will be offered a high degree of independence. This includes learning how to operate Raiser’s Edge (a leading donor database), email marketing programs, and working in a fast-paced environment.
The following duties are general requirements of the position:
- Help maintain data integrity in Raiser’s Edge, performing data entry and regular cleanup. Possibly assist with a transition to Salesforce.
- Assist with the creation of fundraising mailings (copy editing/production) and other donor communications.
- Process donations (general contributions, matching gifts) and prepare acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with digital marketing efforts, including email design and cleanup.
- Attend meetings and assist with developing strategy for solicitations and activities.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed.
· Winter/Spring Internship, Start and End Date Flexible
· 3 month time commitment
· Minimum of 2 days per week, 6-7 hours per day but flexible and willing to work with your schedule
Education and Certification
Undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in a degree program, preferably Junior and Senior level students.
In addition to the above-listed intern responsibilities and educational requirements, the ideal candidate for this internship possesses most or all the following:
- An interest in Marketing, Development, Fundraising, or Nonprofit Organizations is a must.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Knowledge of or experience with databases (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or similar database) is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of or experience with email marketing programs (Mailchimp, Constant Contact) is a plus but not required.
- Sense of humor.
In addition to attending the Intern Orientation, the following training will be provided:
- Intern Orientation (full day)
- Raiser’s Edge (2+ hours)
- Gift Entry Process
- Donor Acknowledgement Process (1+ hour)