Volunteer Mentor Program Coordinator - International Development Intern
- Internship posted by FutureSense Foundation
Hours per week
4 month+ committment
We are still hiring for the following locations for immediate - June start dates!
India, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia!!
Looking to gain hands on experience in International Community Development whilst living and working overseas? FutureSense has a great International Internship opportunity! We're looking for travel enthusiasts who are keen to make a difference to local communities in less developed countries to help coordinate programs and mentor volunteers across the globe!
FutureSense Foundation is an International Development charity that works in seven countries focusing on the areas of education, child welfare, health and livelihood support. Through our volunteer brands GapGuru, Challenges Abroad and Inspire we recruit volunteers to deliver our international programmes and help further our mission.
Our VMPC - International Development Interns are key to the successful implementation of these projects, helping to direct and manage the work of the volunteers on the ground. You need to be energetic, hard-working, enthusiastic and eager to learn a wide range of new skills!
The FutureSense Foundation is seeking an International Development Intern who can provide support to our In-Country Managers, volunteers and community partners through project coordination, volunteer support, in-country research, and monitoring and evaluation. You'll gain valuable experience planning and managing group logistics, leading teams of international volunteers, working closely with local partners in a cross-cultural environment and of course, making a rewarding difference in the communities in which we work.
**Hiring for a number of our hub locations - please specify country (or countries) of interest in your cover letter**
- Coordinate and deliver programmes geared towards group and individual volunteers in-line with our sustainable development initiatives
- Plan and manage volunteer logistics during their stay
- Provide support and mentorship to volunteers from their arrival in-country to their departure, from airport pick-ups, orientations and cultural understanding to enable them to make the most of their time overseas and feel supported
- Assist with the preparation of pre-departure documentation and programme reports for the groups and individual volunteers with whom you are working
- Project and program evaluation and volunteer efficiencies
- Monitoring project impact, outcomes, and outputs
- Positive working attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Passion for international community development
- Overseas travel experience
- Undergraduate degree completion
- Spanish language comprehension if applying for the Peru location
- Available for a minimum 4 month commitment - possibility for long-term positions based on opportunity and need
You will be remunerated with a small monthly living stipend, accommodation and any work-related expenses. Flights, visas and insurance not included
How To Apply
Please email a CV and Cover letter outlining why you'd make the perfect addition to our team, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify country of interest and available start date!
We are looking for candidates who are able to begin in May and June. We will also accept applications for our end of year start dates (Oct/Nov), but will prioritise interviews those who have more immediate availability, and then connect with those interested in later dates.
We are interviewing on a rolling basis, so please send in your materials as early as possible