Free Accommodation, Internet, Transportation at the Project Sites
Hours per week
35 to 40 hrs a week
ECODEVA, a non-profit for environment and community development alternatives has an opportunity in India (Gokarna, Karnataka and Western Ghats / Nilgiri Hills, Kerala) for university students and young professionals to volunteer-intern and gain hands on work experience in our community and environment conscious development work facilities.
This is a great opportunity for national and international interns to experience the grass-root level initiatives towards local capacity building leading to rural community empowerment and environmental conservation initiatives.
Interns would work for an organization that aims to provide income generation activities to rural communities and women while supporting their local ethno-cultural heritage through empowerment.
The scope of work engagement can range from participation in one or more of the following project activities:
- Gender equality through skills and capacity building among girls and women
- Ayurveda, food and nutrition products for preventive health, maternal and child health
- Micro-entrepreneurship and Micro-finance
- Alternative education for children, girls and women, life skills training
- Environment conservation activities- sanitation and waste management, organic kitchen gardens, tree nursery, forestry, eco-building etc
Benefits to interns:
The international interns will-
- learn and gain cross-cultural perspectives in a grass-root level non-profit NGO in a developing country like India
- learn to plan and implement a small scale real project on ground
- learn to work and adapt working alongside a team of other young people
- travel and experience Indian landscape and its people and culture
- attain a certificate of academic fieldwork / research / work experience
- Pre-arrival orientation and post arrival training
- Organised Airport pick up and post-arrival support
- Free accomodation at project work site upto 6-months duration) sponsored by the associated foundation,
- free internet and work place
- free local transport at work site
Volunteer-interns buy their own flight tickets, visa and insurance. There is a an administration / management fee (its affordable and economical in comparison to typical international volunteer programs) to help organize your airport pickup, housing, food, travel and tour facilitation and the other related in-country support services for an additional cost that varies with the dates, duration and work-stay locations.
It is an ideal opportunity for university students or young professionals from around the world. Limited seats available in the coming months. Visit our website / write to us to know more.