Hours per week
101 Walnut Street
MassEcon is seeking interns to join our small, active, and dynamic staff this summer (June - August). We are looking for mature interns with a positive, can-do outlook who can work constructively in a team-oriented environment. This is an outstanding opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of our mission-driven operation, work closely with senior staff, and to network with member organizations and the economic development community. The candidate will work in an environment where ideas are valued and innovation is encouraged. Check us out at www.massecon.com and on Twitter at @massecon.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Communications, Writing & Research: Updating www.massecon.com through WordPress and providing content for social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Providing design, content, and research support for our electronic newsletters, presentations, and reports. The intern will learn to conduct research and write for our two monthly newsletters tracking growth in Massachusetts.
- Event Planning & Execution: Supporting the organization’s meetings and events by designing and issuing invitations, maintaining guest lists, and assisting with audience building via phone and email outreach. The intern will have an opportunity to attend MassEcon events, ranging from our Annual Conference to our Summer Reception. Each year, MassEcon honors companies that have contributed to the Massachusetts economy with the Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Awards. The intern will assist MassEcon in preparing for this major event, and researching candidates for this award, and as such, will gain exposure to the major growth of companies in Massachusetts.
- Administrative Support: Providing general administrative support to the office including screening phone calls, drafting correspondence, assisting with meeting logistics, and other administrative tasks on an as-needed basis.
The intern should have the following skills and credentials:
- Top-notch writing and research skills. Details matter!
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated competence with Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, and CMS tools
- Ability to learn new computer applications that are relevant to design and communications
- High comfort level in communicating in a public facing role
- Enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program
Transportation: We are located at 101 Walnut Street in Watertown. Accessible by public transit. Red line to Park and/or 70 & 71 buses from Cambridge and Brighton. Bike-friendly, free on-site parking.
Hours and Compensation: 4 - 5 days/week, $12/hour.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter & resume to Annie O’Connell at email@example.com