2318 Mill Road
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA based internship. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
We are looking for a highly motivated Membership Operations Intern to provide support for our Member Services department, which currently serves ASCO’s nearly 45,000 members. The intern will support department operations and assist with driving the CRM data quality and integrity, awareness and necessary user adaptation, and process documentation. The goal for the internship is to gain experience in data quality review and monitoring, document and training materials creation, system testing and general business operations.
Internship Activities Include:
- Monitoring customer data quality, issuing alerts and recommendations to teams/individuals responsible for data maintenance, and identifying and prioritizing areas with data quality concerns
- Collaborating with business users to identify and document role and department specific data responsibilities
- Preparing and providing documentation on CRM data functionality, applications and business processes
- Assisting with building and maintaining an extensive library of documentation
- Coordinating system testing with appropriate stakeholders to ensure data quality and integrity
- Completing test scripts and collecting feedback about test results
- Receiving and processing daily data support requests, and supporting end users with updates about data status, follow up actions, etc.
- Assisting in analysis and requirements gathering as related to CRM data and processes
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate BA/BS degree program or graduate program, or recently graduated from a 4-year degree program in Business, Information Technology or a related field
- Customer service focused with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with databases; CRM experience is a plus
- Tech savvy with the ability to quickly learn new software tools and applications, as needed
- Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Duration: 10 weeks during Spring 2019. Start and end dates to be customized based on successful candidate’s class schedules. This internship is approximately 25 hours per week with flexibility.
Compensation: This spring internship position is paid. Additionally, ASCO will provide parking or a metro subsidy to the successful candidate.
Other: Candidates should reside in the D.C. metro area or be able to relocate at their own expense.
To apply for this internship, please submit your resume and a cover letter.