The purpose of this position is to assist the Knowledge Management and Communications Team with all communications and knowledge management-related projects and tasks. The internship will be 15-20 hours/week starting late August 2020 and ending in December 2020, with the potential for extension. The hours and schedule are flexible depending on the intern’s availability. A stipend will be given out at the end of the internship. Course credit may also be available.
CORE Group fosters collaborative action and learning to improve and expand community focused public health practices. Established in 1997 in Washington D.C., CORE Group is an independent not-for-profit organization, and home of the Community Health Network, which brings together CORE Group member organizations, scholars, advocates and donors to support the health of underserved mothers, children and communities around the world.
The Knowledge Management and Communications Team strengthens knowledge-sharing and communications between CORE Group, its membership, and the broader global health and international development community to advocate for key community health activities and messages, and to demonstrate CORE Group’s value and impact in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with website testing and improvements.
a. Test website features on different web browsers and note any inconsistencies, errors, and recommendations for improvement.
b. Maintain website’s Resource Library, and research and create a report on an effective a feedback/follow-up process to capture impact and value of the publications.
c. Assist the team in updating website elements including the events page and jobs board
2. Provide planning and execution support for CORE Group virtual events including our annual Global Health Practitioner Conference on child and adolescent health , webinars, and workshops for our Young Professionals Network (YPN)
a. Assist with promotional outreach.
b. Help create and update event pages on CORE Group’s website.
c. Attend events as needed to assist with setup, note taking, etc.
d. Support the development and updating of a participant tracking sheet for all events.
e. Support the development of an effective a feedback/follow-up process to capture impact and value of event attendance on participant learning
3. Gather and monitor content for CORE Group’s quarterly newsletter that highlights key events, resources, opportunities, news, and job announcements relevant to the community.
4. Support production of CORE Group’s blog and expert series, help conduct and edit video interviews with global health experts.
5. Assist with updating digital communications platforms, including social media and email lists.
a. Monitor Twitter, particularly members’ profiles for content curation and further dissemination.
b. Demonstrated interest and ability can lead to increased management of social media platforms. c. Support architecture and management of email lists.
6. Support COVID-19 response activities including bi-weekly global response coordination calls, COVID-19 digital classroom, and the C19 Virtual Marketplace
7. Assist with other knowledge management and communications activities as needs arise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated understanding of current developments in the field of public communication, knowledge management, development planning and processes, and communication platforms including website management (WordPress) and social media.
• Experience with graphic design and video production preferred
• Interest/experience in international development issues, particularly global health, is desirable.
• Experience in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
• Must have the ability to work under pressure with flexibility in a team setting.
• Basic layout and design skills helpful.
• Fluency in English required. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish helpful.
This position will be remote due to COVID-19. Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “KM and Communications Fall 2020 Intern” as the subject line. No phone calls please. Only potential interviewees will be contacted.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Knowledge Management and Communications Team with all communications and knowledge management-related projects and tasks. The internship will be 15-20 hours/week starting…