Pathway Impact (PI) is redefining international travel in a new and exciting way. Be a part of an exciting learning adventure by taking an extra-ordinary, non-traditional path for intern and volunteer experience to Uganda, the pearl of Africa. Our programs ensures that program participants add value and contribute towards the well being of under privileged Ugandans through support in education and health projects, culture exchange, business development and community service-learning. Our programs are designed with a community driven approach to promote sustainability and continuity long after the volunteers are gone.
PI collaborates with hospitals, health centers and clinics to provide suitable programs for medical interns and volunteers. Joining medical volunteer programs abroad is perfect for individuals who want to gain a deep insight into a medical career and gather valuable experience before starting university. If you are pursuing a future in the medical sector and have a desire to help others then our program is the right fit for you. Doctors, dentists, nurses and midwives are also in great need to provide voluntary support to under-resourced and under-staffed health facilities in Uganda.
You’ll get to experience life-changing international experience that medical school can never prepare you for and also have a better grasp of tropical diseases after your program. Interns and qualified volunteers work alongside Ugandan physicians in a private or public medical establishment to help serve more people efficiently. As a result, patients receive a faster and improved service and students also benefit from experiential-learning which can contribute towards degree completion or practicum. This program will challenge you and push you to your limits as your uphold life under unusual and challenging environments. Depending on your experience and qualification, you may be allowed to treat patients under the supervision of a physician. Volunteers who can’t rely on medical experience will learn a lot from observing and assisting doctors on site.
Your main activities may include a combination of the following activities:
· Working in maternity hospitals, supporting nurses on the wards and assisting medical workers in labs and pharmacies
· Together with your mentor you will go on ward rounds, observe births, cesarean sections and experience the daily life in the hospital
· Participating in community public health improvement activities such as health awareness seminars, community sanitation, reproductive and oral health, hygiene, nutrition, disease prevention, and HIV.
· Administration of drugs to patients , observing procedures, office administration tasks, health data recording and storage, changing bandages, checking blood pressure, emergency room support, weighing babies, health counseling and first aid
· Participate in the planning and execution of blood donation drives in the community
Why choose this program
· Get to learn the challenges of healthcare in low income contexts and how different health systems function
· Gain firsthand experience treating tropical diseases such as malaria
· Improve on your professional skills while you observe and work with physicians and medical staff in Uganda
· Assist medical professionals to serve more patients in less time
· Develop your presentation, communication and intercultural skills as you work with Ugandan physicians and patients on a daily basis
· Work alongside community members in real public health related projects
· Gain experience working in less than ideal conditions - find new solutions using limited resources
· Enjoy an extremely rewarding experience in patient recovery and treatment and an unusual sense of fulfillment
· With university approval, use your intern experience to earn study credits
· Choose this program to save lives!
Pathway Impact (PI) is redefining international travel in a new and exciting way. Be a part of an exciting learning adventure by taking an extra-ordinary, non-traditional path for intern and volunteer experience to Uganda, the pearl of…
Program participants benefit through tremendous personal growth and development, acquire improved communication and social skills, gain inter-cultural competencies, realize personal satisfaction in helping others, create new bonds, boost their resumes and gain a new world view. In most cases, our program participants experience deep personal reflection that results into greater self-discovery! Often times, people say they learned more about themselves in these moments than any other time in their lives.
Program participants benefit through tremendous personal growth and development, acquire improved communication and social skills, gain inter-cultural competencies…
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. Program participants must apply within a minimum of 45 days prior to the program start date. There is some flexibility around the program dates and schedule. Program fees include secure accommodation, meals and in-country transport but does not include flights (contact us for details).
Through our curated internships, individuals are able to gain a competitive advantage upon their return, enhance their resumes, acquire global competencies and take on a new identity that employers will find impressive and bold.
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. Program participants must apply within a minimum of 45 days prior to the program start date. There is some…