Hours per week
2-3 days a week
800 Third Avenue
The Climate Museum is the first museum dedicated to climate change and climate solutions in the US. This competitive internship program offers students the opportunity to participate in the early stages of a bold new climate initiative.
The mission of the Climate Museum is to use the sciences, art, and design to inspire dialogue and spur innovation that address the climate crisis, moving solutions to the center of our shared public life and catalyzing broad community engagement. More information can be found on our website.
Interns will carry out a range of tasks in an intellectually vibrant and supportive environment. This position will focus on social media development.
We aim to fill this spot as soon as possible. The final deadline is November 15; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately. The internship runs through May with a possibility of extension. It is unpaid.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Write and post engaging content on the Museum’s social media platforms in keeping with our voice and branding. (Please visit our Facebook and Instagram pages to get a sense of our posting style.)
- Expand engagement with our content and build our online following with targeted growth techniques (organic and paid)
- Share ideas and display creativity in social media marketing efforts
- Knowledge of and experience using social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedin
- Exceptional research and writing skills and generally strong academic qualifications
- Passion for climate issues, social justice, and/or museums
- Enterprising and ambitious mindset balanced with outstanding collaboration skills
- Proficiency in the Google Drive and Adobe Creative Suite preferred, as well as the ability to learn new software
- Enthusiasm for taking on occasional assignments outside of social media development as dictated by organizational needs
- Ability to volunteer at least two days per week; three days is strongly preferred
- Junior, senior, college graduate, or graduate student
Some work may be able to be done remotely, but at least one day a week in the office is strongly preferred.